Hap and leonard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Savage Season is working its way up my TBR pile. Then I can watch H&L.
    I have read none of the books but really enjoyed the TV show. I am going to miss those guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      I have read none of the books but really enjoyed the TV show. I am going to miss those guys!
      If they're anywhere near as stellar as Paradise Sky or The Thicket, then I'm in for a treat. I only have a few though. I've been buying them here and there even after I resisted jumping into a Lansdale collection previously! I keep looking at the lettered edition of Honky Tonk Samurai from Gauntlet. But I cain't! I CAIN'T!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        If they're anywhere near as stellar as Paradise Sky or The Thicket, then I'm in for a treat. I only have a few though. I've been buying them here and there even after I resisted jumping into a Lansdale collection previously! I keep looking at the lettered edition of Honky Tonk Samurai from Gauntlet. But I cain't! I CAIN'T!
        Yes you cain!

Comment

Well, at least we still have Dancing with the Stars...People never fail to disappoint! LOl!

Comment

The cancellation really makes no sense: it's critically acclaimed and Sundance's highest rated show. While season one didn't blow my socks off, I did really enjoy it and looked forward to getting caught up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              The cancellation really makes no sense: it's critically acclaimed and Sundance's highest rated show. While season one didn't blow my socks off, I did really enjoy it and looked forward to getting caught up.
              I would agree but there are so many factors in a show getting renewed. It is possible that the production company took on the expense of producing the show and a fourth season would see the expense fall to the network. Although the show was a hit by Sundance standards it may not have been big enough to warrant the expense of production.

Comment

My wife and I just watched all three seasons and loved them.

We now want to pursue the further adventures of Mr. Collins and Mr. Pine. Would anyone recommend starting directly from the fourth book, or should we go back and read 1-3 (even though I assume the tv series follows those plots reasonably closely)?

Any opinions would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
                  My wife and I just watched all three seasons and loved them.

We now want to pursue the further adventures of Mr. Collins and Mr. Pine. Would anyone recommend starting directly from the fourth book, or should we go back and read 1-3 (even though I assume the tv series follows those plots reasonably closely)?

Any opinions would be appreciated
                  I have not read the books but enjoyed the show. Sad that it will not be coming back. Keep hoping someone will pick it up but that seems unlikely now.

Comment

I would go back and read the series from the beginning. The books are phenomenal.

Comment

Thanks BW. I think I will.

I'm still trying to acquire the last few Scalzis and McCammons, but I feel a Lansdale binge coming on. And there are so many!

Comment

Working...
                      X