Stephen King's The Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen King's The Stand

Just as news of IT getting ready to start filming it appears that The Stand may be off again.

http://flicksided.com/2016/02/20/fil...on-hold-again/

I'm ok with this not getting remade. I love the original. I think that there are too many remakes of movies being done anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      I'm ok with this not getting remade. I love the original. I think that there are too many remakes of movies being done anyway.
      I have mixed feelings on this one. I liked the mini series OK but felt that being 'made for TV' made them soften the story too much. I also think in a theatrical release they may have to remove too much content for it to work. I think it would make a great HBO miniseries though.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        I have mixed feelings on this one. I liked the mini series OK but felt that being 'made for TV' made them soften the story too much. I also think in a theatrical release they may have to remove too much content for it to work. I think it would make a great HBO miniseries though.
        I think so too, Martin. Also I think that's the way The Dark Tower should be played out as well. The more I read/hear about the film adaptation, the more I feel like it's going to be a train wreck before the first take. The Stand and IT might be ok but I think we're all in for some hurt if and when The Dark Tower comes to pass. I haven't read the books but I think HBO has done a wonderful job with Game of Thrones. My wife says the series pretty much follows the books for the most part with some little things changed here and there of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
          I think so too, Martin. Also I think that's the way The Dark Tower should be played out as well. The more I read/hear about the film adaptation, the more I feel like it's going to be a train wreck before the first take. The Stand and IT might be ok but I think we're all in for some hurt if and when The Dark Tower comes to pass. I haven't read the books but I think HBO has done a wonderful job with Game of Thrones. My wife says the series pretty much follows the books for the most part with some little things changed here and there of course.
          The only reason I have any hope is the involvement of Ron Howard.

Comment

The only reason I have any hope is the involvement of Ron Howard.
            Hopefully its saving grace.

Comment

Hopefully its saving grace.
              Sorry, Shouldn't post while on post surgery pain meds. Ron Howard is involved in The Dark Tower not the stand.

Comment

Sorry, Shouldn't post while on post surgery pain meds. Ron Howard is involved in The Dark Tower not the stand.
                Well, I must have gotten a contact high, Martin because I knew you were speaking of TDT lol

Comment

Well, I must have gotten a contact high, Martin because I knew you were speaking of TDT lol

Comment

Working...
                  X