Leave a comment:

• paperdragon
    replied
    Knottsferatu

knottsferatu.jpg

Leave a comment:

• jester05jk
    replied
    Christopher Lee for me. His on screen presence was always just awesome. He was mostly silent, with those long hard stares, and intimidating size.

Leave a comment:

• T-Dogz_AK47
    replied
    Originally posted by Neiaushie79 View Post
    I'll say Gary Oldman, hands down. My mother always liked Frank Langella, though I can't imagine why.
    Unlike other classic Draculas, Frank Langella never wore fangs and never appeared with a bloody face; his Dracula is charming, suave, and sophisticated, with the emphasis being on his seductive powers over the opposite sex. The 1979 movie version with Frank Langella as Dracula plays more like a love story than a horror film. It is quite apposite then, that the movie was titled Dracula: A Love Story.

frank-lagella-dracula-ftr.jpg
    Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 01-10-2014, 06:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    That is exactly what I was going to say. I think that he gave me nightmares for a few years.
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Jack Palance in the 1974 TV movie was the only Dracula that actually scared me. Probably because Palance could kick just about anybody's ass he wanted to...

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I'm going with Gary Oldman as well. But that might be because he's Judy one if my favorite actors overall. I don't think there will ever be a better Jim Gordon.

Leave a comment:

• T-Dogz_AK47
    replied
    Come to think of it, the best Dracula has to be Mr Burns in The Simpsons...

Simpsons Dracula 1.jpg

Simpsons Dracula 2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Originally posted by Neiaushie79 View Post
    I'll say Gary Oldman, hands down. My mother always liked Frank Langella, though I can't imagine why.
    I've seen that opinion before. Just made an order with that version of Dracula.

Leave a comment:

• Neiaushie79
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Jack Palance in the 1974 TV movie was the only Dracula that actually scared me. Probably because Palance could kick just about anybody's ass he wanted to...
    He was the Man!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I loved Christopher Lee as Dracula, but I will probably vote for Gary Oldman. In my opinion, his portrayal of Dracula is probably the closest to Bram Stoker's original vision.
    Yeah, Oldman was great. I'd love to see a new big budget production with him.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Yeah i know a mere technicality though. Nosferatu is the Dracula story with some names changed to attempt to circumnavigate copyrights. That's why it was nearly removed from existence by Stokers wife, if i recall correctly. Werner Herzog's remake uses the actual names from the book, though switched some around for some mystifying reason.

Leave a comment:

• T-Dogz_AK47
    replied
    I loved Christopher Lee as Dracula, but I will probably vote for Gary Oldman. In my opinion, his portrayal of Dracula is probably the closest to Bram Stoker's original vision.

Leave a comment:

• T-Dogz_AK47
    replied
    Originally posted by Theli View Post
    That is why I would say Max Schreck is the best Dracula.
    Max Schreck never actually played Dracula. He played Count Orlok in the film Nosferatu.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X