Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stand (1994)

RE: The Stand (1994)

I own this mini series on dvd, and really enjoy watching it from time to time. Anyone here own this release on bluray? Is it worth the purchase? Not sure if it is true, but I thought I read somewhere that part of the movie was cut or shortened to fit the bluray.

Any thoughts or discussions?

Ralph Mulleins
    I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

I only have the DVD, which I continue to enjoy, what, almost 30 years later?

Comment

Originally posted by mulleins View Post
      RE: The Stand (1994)

I own this mini series on dvd, and really enjoy watching it from time to time. Anyone here own this release on bluray? Is it worth the purchase? Not sure if it is true, but I thought I read somewhere that part of the movie was cut or shortened to fit the bluray.

Any thoughts or discussions?

Ralph Mulleins
      It was worth the purchase to me. The picture and sound are vastly improved from the DVD version. Watched it a month or two ago and don't recall anything being removed. Feel like I would have remembered that as it would have annoyed me big-time as a fan of the mini-series.

Comment

Thank you for the replies.  I think I will upgrade to the bluray.  

Comment

I think the only difference is there's some added CGI "improvements" for stuff like explosions although that might have been a necessity given the source material (post production was done with standard definition video).

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
            I think the only difference is there's some added CGI "improvements" for stuff like explosions although that might have been a necessity given the source material (post production was done with standard definition video).
            Thank you. I look forward to getting my copy and watching it again. I didn't care at all for the remake.

I'm feeling a little nostalgic, think I will also watch The Langoliers.

Comment

Working...
            X