No announcement yet.

Best King Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For one thing.... I never had any interest in any of the silly sequels to any of his movies, or anyone else for that matter. Pet Sematary II was terrible! I watched the original about a week or 2 ago on my dish, and the sequel was right after.... it lasted 10 mins, and then I turned something else on.

Dreamcatcher - I actually enjoyed that movie, mind you some parts were "silly" you could say.

It's been sooooo long since I've watched Graveyard Shift - enjoyed the short story though.

Dolan's Cadillac - again, I really enjoyed the movie, have yet to read the short.

I would love to get my hands on DVD versions of Salem's Lot and It!

I enjoy almost all of King's movies (and movies that classify as horror - I used to be such a horror movie/monster movie geek) - I was never much of a reader back in the '80s, '90s (kick me please!), so looking at a list like this, makes me want to re-watch these movies, and also read the books that go along with them. Yet, I have so many other books to read, that once I finish Salem's Lot, I probably won't touch a King for a while.

Now my daughter is 14 and is in the scary movie phase - hard to recommend watching a King movie, as the effects are so outdated for the most part (she laughed at Pet Semetary for example - bad effects compared to 2013). And she loved 1408 by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
      For one thing.... I never had any interest in any of the silly sequels to any of his movies, or anyone else for that matter. Pet Sematary II was terrible! I watched the original about a week or 2 ago on my dish, and the sequel was right after.... it lasted 10 mins, and then I turned something else on.

Dreamcatcher - I actually enjoyed that movie, mind you some parts were "silly" you could say.

It's been sooooo long since I've watched Graveyard Shift - enjoyed the short story though.

Dolan's Cadillac - again, I really enjoyed the movie, have yet to read the short.

I would love to get my hands on DVD versions of Salem's Lot and It!

I enjoy almost all of King's movies (and movies that classify as horror - I used to be such a horror movie/monster movie geek) - I was never much of a reader back in the '80s, '90s (kick me please!), so looking at a list like this, makes me want to re-watch these movies, and also read the books that go along with them. Yet, I have so many other books to read, that once I finish Salem's Lot, I probably won't touch a King for a while.

Now my daughter is 14 and is in the scary movie phase - hard to recommend watching a King movie, as the effects are so outdated for the most part (she laughed at Pet Semetary for example - bad effects compared to 2013). And she loved 1408 by the way.
      I REALLY Didn't like Dolan's Cadillac. So bad. Not a Christian Slater fan in general though.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
        Not a Christian Slater fan in general though.
        His movie Playback had the lowest gross at the box office last year, something like $252

Comment

I saw that on CHiller last week. the BO was bad for a reason.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            I saw that on CHiller last week. the BO was bad for a reason.
            Thanks for taking one for the team

Comment

I'll say Pet Semetery because it still scares me, The Green Mile because it's a tear jerker, and The Shining (Kubrick) is a piece of cinematic art. I think Dolores Claiborne is very good too, but it seems to get overlooked quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Neiaushie79 View Post
                I'll say Pet Semetery because it still scares me, The Green Mile because it's a tear jerker, and The Shining (Kubrick) is a piece of cinematic art. I think Dolores Claiborne is very good too, but it seems to get overlooked quite a bit.
                I think the Green Mile is an excellent adaptation but it is not one I could see myself watching over and over again, maybe something to do with the extreme length of it, I also really liked Dolores Claiborne but I felt the final third of the film, courtroom scene, fell into cliches but I love Kathy Bates in it, she's always good

Comment

Dolores seemed rushed at the end and I only watch The Green Mile till right when it's time for him to be executed. I mainly watch it because of Billy the Kid, he's hilarious

Comment

My favorite is The Shining. King doesn't like it, but so what.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      My favorite is The Shining. King doesn't like it, but so what.
                      That is also my very favorite, I can see if I were King how he would have issues with it but thankfully, I am not King and can enjoy his book and Kubrick's film now the real question is, is Kubrick's film better than King's book?

Comment

Apples and oranges. King's book is great and so is Kubrick's film. I look at them as equals in different media.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I prefer the mini series of The Shining. I know I am in the minority on this but I have a soft spot for the original Maximum Overdrive.Not the best adaptation but so bad it's good.In a b movie sort of way. Best adaptation I am not sure.There have been a few.

Comment

Maximum Overdrive is best when viewed, shall we say, herbally-enhanced and with others who are herbally-enhanced so that the laughter becomes exponential, my friend posted a video from the movie of the Blonde waitress freaking out and saying "WE MADE YOU!!" he just thought that was the funniest thing ever

Comment

It's the trailer that cracks me up. When King gets on screen a threatens. "I'm gonna scare the hell outta you!"
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I've never seen the trailer, will have to seek that out now, wonder what he feels about his one and only directing credit now

Comment

Working...
                                X