Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shudder to air an animated Creepshow featuring a Stephen King and Joe Hill story:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shudder to air an animated Creepshow featuring a Stephen King and Joe Hill story:

On October 26th Shudder will air a Halloween special animated Creepshow featuring Stephen Kings Survivor Type and Joe Hills Twittering From The Circus Of The Dead.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/...ecial-shudder/

I really want to see how they handle the Joe Hill story, it is a very unique story.

I'll probably check this out. I was not overly impressed of what I watched of the regular show. Anthology shows are hard, especially when they are trying to be rather ambitious in their effects.

Comment

So I watched this one today. Mixed feelings. The method of animation did not really work for me. They tried to make it look like you were reading a comic. I get it, but full blown animation would have worked better for me.

Stephen King's Survivor Type - It has been long enough since I read this one that it was mostly new to me and I am not sure how close they stayed to the story. Overall just a middling tale for me.
      Joe Hill's Twittering From The Circus Of The Dead - The story varied from the source material but stayed very true to the original. I enjoyed this one more.

3 Stars

Comment

'Survivor Type' was mostly faithful with the exception of the woman's corpse that washes ashore with him. In the short story he's just alone.

But yeah I think 'Circus of the Dead' worked a lot better here.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          So I watched this one today. Mixed feelings. The method of animation did not really work for me. They tried to make it look like you were reading a comic. I get it, but full blown animation would have worked better for me.

Stephen King's Survivor Type - It has been long enough since I read this one that it was mostly new to me and I am not sure how close they stayed to the story. Overall just a middling tale for me.
          Joe Hill's Twittering From The Circus Of The Dead - The story varied from the source material but stayed very true to the original. I enjoyed this one more.

3 Stars
          The comic book animation is part of what killed the Creepshow series for me. I hated those transitions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

The comic book animation is part of what killed the Creepshow series for me. I hated those transitions.
            I have only seen the first two episodes of the series and the stories are live action so I am not sure I am understanding you. Was there a previous animated series I am not aware of?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I have only seen the first two episodes of the series and the stories are live action so I am not sure I am understanding you. Was there a previous animated series I am not aware of?
              I was talking about the current live action show. I'm not a fan of the beginning of each episode where they have an animated section that makes it look like the viewer is reading an old horror comic. I'm sure some people like the aesthetic of it, it just rubs me the wrong way.

Comment

I was talking about the current live action show. I'm not a fan of the beginning of each episode where they have an animated section that makes it look like the viewer is reading an old horror comic. I'm sure some people like the aesthetic of it, it just rubs me the wrong way.
                Got it. I have no opinion one way or another about the intros.

Comment

As I recall, wasn't that how the original movie did it, started in a comic book type animation & faded into live action.

B

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post

As I recall, wasn't that how the original movie did it, started in a comic book type animation & faded into live action.

B
                    It’s been a long time since I’ve seen it, but I believe so. And for some reason it doesn’t bother me in the movie as it does in the show. Maybe it’s the sharp contrast of the computer animation in the opening credits to the comic book animation. I want to like the show but it’s rather left me cold.

Comment

Working...
                    X