Shooting at Mid-night premiere of TDKR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting at Mid-night premiere of TDKR

Is this the new Columbine? <sigh> What's next, metal detectors in movie theaters?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/20...movie-theater/
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

That's just insane. Didn't have time to read the whole article, but seriously wtf?
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Apparently he came in through one of the exit doors not the main enterance so probably security measures would be centered around there first. But this happened at movie premieres for New Jack City in 1991. That didn't keep me away from movie theaters at midnight either.
      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I went to the midnight showing by me. They have off duty uniformed police there every night and have for years. Not sure what that says about my area.

Comment

There've been some John Q Laws at every midnight showing I've attended in KC. Most of the time they just take away the beach balls that somebody always brings to these things (not me, btw.)
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I somehow seem to have gotten wind of this before u guys. Unless yas just didn't say anything.

Comment

I knew about this very early Friday morning since I'm usually up late enough to see World News Now on ABC. It is a horrible tragedy and one that no one should experience.

I think the reactions from some is a bit over the top. Adding police security to theaters that normally don't have it is sad, banning people from wearing costumes at AMC theaters is stupid (even if I think dressing up in a costume for a movie is kinda sad, I don't think it should be prohibited) seeing as how he wasn't in a costume (dressing in body armor, black clothing, and a gas mask is not a costume) and he didn't go in through the front doors anyway, and removing a movie trailer from pretty much everywhere, and potentially removing the scene in the trailer from the movie itself is just dumb. Has the American society really really become this overly sensitive? The people who do these kind of things are wanting to get on tv and cause these kind of reactions.

The movie theater I used to work and the theater in that city now (the one I worked at was a United Artists and it went under since they didn't know how to manage their money) has uniformed police as security, but that was for good reason and done after a gangster movie resulted in several fights in the theater.
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

I didn't find out until around 8 am. I got home around 4 am. Sat down at my computer for about 30 minutes, crashed and slept til about 8. It actually sounded like he was dresssed like Bane from the movie. The key is that this kinda stuff doesn't happen very often, but when it gets national attention, people think they're next and overreact. It's a tragedy, but I'm not going to let it spoil my nights at the movies.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I don't think he was really dressed like Bane, more that it may have resembled that with the gas mask he wore since he also used some kind of gas (likely a tear gas) in 2 canisters. I haven't seen the movie yet, I pretty much never see them on weekends as they are cheaper during the week. During the week I can see TDKR on IMAX for less than $10, but a regular movie on Friday or Saturday night at that same theater costs more than $10.
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                  X