2012 Reading Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Gunpowder and Duma Key are fantastic reads too!
    agree with duma key.My fav joe hill is voluntary commital.great story.have not read gunpowder

Comment

Oh, where to start...

"Infinite Jest" (started, didn't finish) and "The Pale King" by David Foster Wallace
      "The Talisman" (re-read) and "Black House" by K & S
      The whole "Dante Valentine" series by Lilith Saintcrow (good so far, but I'll quit if it veers into too much mushy stuff!)
      The first and second DragonLance chronicles (re-read)
      I'd like to pick up halfway through "Wizard and Glass" and finish the rest of the series
      "The Damnation Game" and "Weaveworld" by Clive Barker. I read "Weaveworld" a long long time ago and don't remember anything about it.
      "The Blackstone Chronicles" by John Saul (I always get about halfway through and then get distracted by something else)
      "The Mailman" by Bentley Little (when I finally get around to purchasing it)
      "IT", "The Eyes of the Dragon", and "Salem's Lot", since I finally got new copies...

Comment

Well I have one more Bachman to go.I gave up on weavworld and I still need to read UTD and Only Child.
        Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
        re-read list
        the first 4 bachman books
        first time read's include one I finished a few weeks ago
        swan song loved it
        weaveworld clive barker
        until I find you john irving
        under the dome stephen king
        and last but not least only child by jack ketchum

Comment

Weaveworld is going onto my 2012 reading list.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Good luck.I hope you have a better time with it then I did.I my try it again one day but not for awhile.

Comment

Well, I honestly don't remember why I stopped reading it, but since I was in college and was knee deep in my literature survey courses, I assume it was more a matter of time than not connecting with the work, We'll see.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I have IT and 11/22/63 slated so far. Then ill go back to having a vote on what to read out of my unread king books. So the next vote when I get to it will be full dark no stars vs night shift. Assuming I get that far before doctor sleep which I will be reading immediately.

Comment

No non-king books on the horizon to be read? What was you last non-king book?
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

hmm...west side story maybe. I've only ever read anything I was forced to in school.

Comment

I usually try to space out my King books by squeezing 2-3 non Kings in between each King read. Sometimes I push it to 4-5 if I'm lucky.

Comment

I've only got a few left, most of King reads in the last 2 years have been rereads. I'm not looking forward to Faithful--speaking as a Yankees fan.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'm not sure I want to read that one at all. I'm sure I will eventually though.

Comment

It's one of the ones I have coming. It'll probably sit on my shelf for a while before I even think about reading it.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Faithful is a really fun read. It is a nice look into the minds of fans during the Red Sox great run. I think the contrasting views of O'nan and King are really enjoyable.

Comment

Sounds like a boring read for someone who hates sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X