Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not to be too cliche or anything but ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Try this...

Spoiler!
    Best spoiler ever!!!!!

Comment

Hmmm....I was posting from work last night and the spolier tags weren't appearing there, but they are on my home computer, so all is looking well for 2012!

I majored in English Literature in college and the first thing I was taught was that if you think there might be a sexual reference in a passage, there probably is and it was priobably intended by the author. I can't tell you how much fun that lesson has made the ensuing 28 years! Besides, one of my nightmare scenarios is a world where everything has only one meaning. How infinitely boring that would be, thus nightmarish...
      Last edited by srboone; 01-01-2012, 11:05 PM.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

WOW!!!Wish I had majored in english literature.

Comment

I took some courses in it but didn't reaqlly appreciate it at the time. But it made me start to read the classics....all the amazing books from the 19th century and early 20th. And not just horror either.
          Of Mice and Men is still one of my faves; in the top 5. And so is Billy Budd what a brilliant work that was.

Comment

I took more than enough English classes in college, but could never major. Like Scott, I didn't appreciate the language enough then. But I think my favorite, and it would be for most of you too, was a class in "Literature of the Occult and Fantastic". Where else could you get "Dracula", E.T.A. Hoffman, Lovecraft, and Stephen King's "Night Shift" on the required reading list.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Cool! I can't really think of a literature class I really loved, but I enjoyed the survey classes--where you get exposed to about 1,000 authors in a 4-month period.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
              X