Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Just a quick question Brian....

So do members of the CDCC get discounts on Lonely Road books too?
    It's been a while since a LRB title was announced, so I'm thinking... Maybe?

Brian
    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Yes with one we had at least an early notification. The Exorcist. Can not remember if there was a coupon or not. Happy to here about the t-shirt. I love my other 2 story shirts. I wore the Ray Garton one yesterday to my CPR update. People kept telling me to stand still so they could finish reading my shirt. If you are a serious collector then if the cdcc is offered again this year I would take a chance on it. To me it is worth every penny.
      remembered we got the 2012 calendar by Glen Chadborne for one of the perks. Also I believe we got a baseball cap. one time in addition to the books and special offers.

Comment

Almost forgot. This past year we got every e-book that was released from October on for free. That alone was worth the cost.

Comment

I think the CDCC is a fantastic deal! The only reason I skipped out on CDCC 3 was because I knew I'd be moving this year and that I would have to rid myself of all possible book temptations. Back with CDCC 2 I can safely say that I saved HUNDREDS of dollars on books!!! And even with shipping being a problem for me since now I live in Europe, in many cases I was able to get such a good discount on the book that with shipping the price would match the regular US price.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
            I think BW, squire and Dan should help me decide if the CDCC is worth it since they know what I like. Well everyone does but I am sure they were in on it the last few years and know exactly what was offered.
            I agree with Dan. The CCDC is worth while if you are interested in a variety of authors. If only a couple of books during the year catch your interest, it might not be worth it. One of the things to consider, tho, is that you get early announcements of sales of books that were ordered, but not paid for. That's how I got my S/L of It. You never know what the announcement will be. Several times it was a sale of OOP CD books from a private collection. There were several grab bags offered. A lot of these sales never make it to the general announcement stage. Personally, I like the CDCC. I hope i can scrape the funds together for another year.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I really like the sounds of it guys. Hopefully I have enough stashed aside for the next announced one.

Comment

Also, hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day holiday today!!!! Nice and sunny, close to 80°F here.

Comment

Pushing 95 here in Phoenix with a high of 104 with some humidity because of all the storms recently.

Comment

85 in KC today (still too hot for me). Dipping down to 55 tonight (that's more like it!)
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'm probably going to sound like a grumpy old man, but our neighbors (who are renters) were shooting fireworks off into everyone's yards tonight, scaring our dogs and generally being idiots. We live in town, not out in the country, and I just can't believe they thought that would be acceptable given how close the houses are, etc. This is exactly how people end up on the news saying, "We never realized someone would get hurt." :sigh:

Brian
                      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Flibbidyfloo!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                          I'm probably going to sound like a grumpy old man, but our neighbors (who are renters) were shooting fireworks off into everyone's yards tonight, scaring our dogs and generally being idiots. We live in town, not out in the country, and I just can't believe they thought that would be acceptable given how close the houses are, etc. This is exactly how people end up on the news saying, "We never realized someone would get hurt." :sigh:

Brian
                          id be pissed too, specially for scaring the dogs and im sure they likely scared some small children as well

Comment

Here in South Carolina, fireworks are legal year round, on holidays everyone's dogs absolutely lose their minds, I think it's awful animal abuse but can't really do anything about it

Comment

Thats funny about the dogs because, for whatever reason, it has never bothered mine. Whether its storming with lots of thunder or its the 4th of July, it might as well be dead silent outside as far as she is concerned.

Comment

Consider yourself very lucky because when I did have dogs, they went berserk during storms and from fireworks

Comment

Working...
                                X