Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    This = truth. I rest my case.
    I somehow just saw this today and promptly went out to take a picture of the inside of my car. Just rocks a d dirt like any other car...

IMG_00000105.jpg

The second picture won't upload

Comment

Hotmail is being a dick. If everywhere didn't already have it i'd just use my gmail. I finally got it to sync with my blackberry earlier now i try to sign in on my computer and it says error cannot sign in. you may have issues syncing with your mobile device....ummm no my mobile works and even so why the fuck can't I sign in on my laptop ya douches. Thats my rant for today. Just got reminded that I want Christine and Pet Sematery and Mason told me to email him everything I want no matter what it is but I can't. Im too lazy to load the site on my phone with my shitty wifi and am at my data limit.

Comment

So.... sounds like the CRTC (Canadian telecom regulator) is letting Verizon into the Canadian market - this a good thing - competition should be good. I think it's funny how the 3 major players (Bell, Rogers, and Telus) are whining about this, and pumping out all these anti Verizon (competition) radio ads. Hopefully this will help reduce the cellular plan rates in Canada, as we pay 2nd most in the world I believe, and honestly I am fed up with Bell Mobility, and hear Rogers and Telus are not any better (service or rates). I just hope this makes a difference for the average consumer.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they come in and offer good rates to get customers and then raise them to the level of their competitors. If everyone else is charging that much, why shouldn't they?

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
            I wouldn't be surprised if they come in and offer good rates to get customers and then raise them to the level of their competitors. If everyone else is charging that much, why shouldn't they?
            Overall it will probably bring down prices as Verizon will offer lower rates to bring in customers than the others will drop to a point to try and keep from loosing too many customers. It probably own't equal out to the low price Verizon started at, but over all it should bring down prices a bit.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              Overall it will probably bring down prices as Verizon will offer lower rates to bring in customers than the others will drop to a point to try and keep from loosing too many customers. It probably own't equal out to the low price Verizon started at, but over all it should bring down prices a bit.
              I sure hope so. Bell has had basically a monopoly (and rumours of the 3 big companies here being in cahoots with each other to keep rates high). I've already dropped their home phone, my cell contract is up in Feb (good bye), and soon I will dropping their satellite TV too.

Comment

I just say that because I remember when text rates were something like .02 per text (outside a plan) and as one carrier raised their rates, everyone followed. They are up to something like .20 per text outside a plan now. I know most people have unlimited texting plans but it shows how competition sometimes goes in reverse and they just drive up the price because people will pay it when there's no other choice. There's probably tons of people that pay for unlimitied plans that are now using free texting apps, like whatsapp, imessage, etc. I've stuck with a small texting plan and use free alternatives. I get regular emails from my carrier to upgrade to an unlimited plan for $15 more a month, for something I get for free from a nonintrusive, ad-based service.

Comment

Just curious, and as this forum has a wide range of people from different places.....

I'd like to compare similar packages:

Here is what I have - Blackberry Curve 9300 (Smartphone), towards end of 3 yr contract (phone cost $20.00 but had to sign 3 yr contract and pay $35.00 activation fee even though I've had various phones with them since 1998 or so - every time you get a new phone, yep $35 please).
                  500 minutes (free from 9pm-6AM - for free I get 6pm - 6am)
                  voice mail and call display
                  unlimited text (paying $15.00/m for this)
                  Have to pay $7.00/m for Smartphone use - this is just plain stupid
                  Because I live close to US border - sometimes my signal gets caught by US towers in Detroit area, so sometimes you would get roaming charges even though you aren't, and actually sometimes you get bad signal because of Detroit River - so "border zone" is free.

This plan costs me $67.00/m (plus my wife's phone, and daughters phone).

Plus, up until a couple years ago - Bell would also charge $6.99/m for system access fee

Comment

I'm on AT&T
                    $39.99 for 450 anytime minutes, virtually unlimited nighttime minutes. Anytime minutes are used from 6am-9pm.
                    $30 for what used to be called the iPhone data plan (grandfathered in, this plan is no longer available. The new plans are: 300MB $20.00/mo., 3GB $30.00/mo., 5GB $50.00/mo.)
                    $5 for 200 texts, never have used all of these because I used the free alternatives
                    So ~$75+taxes/month
                    I have a corporate discount through my employer so I pay less. My two year contract is up in a couple months and I will be looking at other carriers' offerings.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                      Just curious, and as this forum has a wide range of people from different places.....

Here is what I have - Blackberry Curve 9300 (Smartphone), towards end of 3 yr contract (phone cost $20.00 but had to sign 3 yr contract and pay $35.00 activation fee even though I've had various phones with them since 1998 or so - every time you get a new phone, yep $35 please).
                      Because I live close to US border - sometimes my signal gets caught by US towers in Detroit area, so sometimes you would get roaming charges even though you aren't, and actually sometimes you get bad signal because of Detroit River - so "border zone" is free.

Plus, up until a couple years ago - Bell would also charge $6.99/m for system access fee
                      Originally posted by TJCams View Post

You didn't mention your data?
                      Also, Switch to Telus. Same Network, Same Phones, Same plans. The only difference is, you lose $35 Fee because Telus got rid of activation/Upgrade fees and you get better customer service. Even in a border zone, if bell fucks up and charges you, even though it's their fault its a bitch to get them to credit it. they need "proof" you weren't actually in the states. its crazy. I worked for their call centre in cape breton for 2 years as "floor support" trying to convince poor people like yourself that "we have no way of knowing" whether you were acutally roaming or not. its rediculous. I hate Bell.

I am with Telus and have a 3 year old BB plan.
                      Not sure how many minutes I have but it is in the 500 range, I just dont talk on my phone so I dont care
                      500mb of data (Ulim atfer 6/weekends)
                      unlimited text
                      Call display is $7/mth
                      free voicemail

Plan also comes to about $67/mth.

As I said the plans are basically the same. Although the newer ones kinda suck so if you'd switch you'd prob end up with an expensive flex plan. unless you use alot of data then flex plans can be good. They'd cost me more. Altho I almost went over my data this month not using wifi at work or home. My rural internet is terrible and Shawgo won't let me use the wifi without a shaw email anymore.

Wind Mobile has the best plans I have seen in Canada. $25/mth for unlimited data, test and calling(Including canadian long distanct). Umm what? Yea. Its fucked. The downside is their small network. Go outside of the citty and you are charged for roaming on telus or bell. For anyone who generally stays withing the city this is awesome. I, however, live on the outside of the city and make frequent trips to edmonton and would like my phone to work if i break down in the middle of nowhere(because the roaming doesn't always pick up). My sister loves it though. She lives and works in the city. This is one of the companies verizon is buying and expanding.

Comment

Not to mention, if you've ever been behind on a payment, Bell (not sure if they still do) would charge you a late fee, plus an unregulated late fee (this could be quite high too).

Comment

Bell will cut you off ON your bill date if last months is not paid. They don't give you ANY leeway. (How do you spell that? Firefox is not correcting me so am I right? lol)

Comment

My daughter has an iPhone that had a data block on it, and we still got incorrect data charges on that phone for 3-4 months, Bell would only correct it the first time and then basically told me I was lying to them. The amounts were impossible to rack up.

I even had my wife swap phones, and still happened. I actually got into with one of their techs (which is an adventure in itself). The guy said "..your daughter is using data" - I'm like uhm...no it hasn't been used in a month. "Well somebody is using it"... I actually said to the guy something like, Wow, must be my cat using the phone at night then eh? Then I mockingly scolded my cat while on the phone with the guy. I can't wait to get rid of them!

Comment

Terrible customer service. Hated myself for working there

Comment

My little conehead just lost his balls but on a high note his flight is booked and unless the weather gets too hot for him to fly, he will be joining us in alberta on august 30. He looks a little excited to see my little sister who moved away on him today as well to Newfoundland.

1013299_10151674586308224_330377113_n.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X