No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^We flood every year. Though my house is rarely effected.

That really sucks Teri. We had some flooding here too, but nothing that bad.

Comment

It's crazy the amount of water there! Watching CBC news this morning, and just WOW!!!! Stampeded flooded, Saddledome has the first 10 rows of seats underwater (Where the NHL's Calgary Flames play for those unfamiliar with it). Downtown still underwater.

Hope all improves there and soon.

As someone who lives in the Great Lakes area - I am sure glad that there really is never a threat of the Detroit River flooding.

Comment

Crazy stuff. The town where I went to college flooded the year I was the editor of The Fort Hays State University Leader and I got in skiff with my photographer and we sailed town snapping pictures. It was a lot of fun. (The mobile home I rented was actually on the highest point just outside of town, so I didn't have any real water damage to deal with.)
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Shame to hear about Gandolfini, really loved him in the Sopranos...

Comment

Got me a cool gig volunteering at Saratoga Performing Arts Center as an usher for the summer. Free concerts and my first job is tomorrow night for Rush. Then my second day and 3rd day are this weekend for Jazz Fest. Saving tons of money and getting to see shows I want to see. Way cool or what?

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              Got me a cool gig volunteering at Saratoga Performing Arts Center as an usher for the summer. Free concerts and my first job is tomorrow night for Rush. Then my second day and 3rd day are this weekend for Jazz Fest. Saving tons of money and getting to see shows I want to see. Way cool or what?
              Way cool. I had to miss Rush this time around. They were playing Hershey, while I was seeing Gaiman.
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Tough choices we must make sometimes my young Padawan.

Comment

Anyone else seen or have one of these traycases for Full Dark, No stars? I have the slipcase that CD made but have never seen this traycase before

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Dark-No...-/321150248365

Comment

I was just in Saratoga last week. Great little town!

Comment

Way cool indeed!!!

Comment

The government just announced a $1 billion disaster relief fund. They had 200 Million budgeted for the year expecting minor flooding in certain areas and maybe a tornado outside the cities. They didn't expect this. Good thing its Alberta because no other province could afford this. Sometimes its good to be the gas giant. I'm just happy I live in the north and my books are safe.

Comment

Is the Stampede a go Teri? That is one of the great Canadian traditional events that I would love to attend one day. Never been out west (at least in Canada). I am curious to the extent of the damage done in the Saddledome too - mind you the Flames won't start for a while, but heard the first 10 rows of seats were underwater at one point.

Comment

Should have pm' d me. We could have had met for pizza.

Last night was awesome. Can not wait for Saturday and Jazz Fest. Rush was incredible.One of the best shows they have ever done.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                              Is the Stampede a go Teri? That is one of the great Canadian traditional events that I would love to attend one day. Never been out west (at least in Canada). I am curious to the extent of the damage done in the Saddledome too - mind you the Flames won't start for a while, but heard the first 10 rows of seats were underwater at one point.
                              They are still evaluating the saddledome but the water was up to the 10th-14th row. They are not sure if there will be structural damage but alot of equipment was lost for sure and alot of it will need to be gutted...that's if it doesn't need to be torn down.

As for the Stampeded....This years slogan...."Come hell or high water" so the stampede will go on. Not sure if it will be quite as extravagant as usual(I've never been to one either) the grounds are still a soggy mess and the saddledome won't be open so god knows. And I am sure they lost alot of stuff that was already on site. But they haven't missed one in 100 years and they don't plan to miss the 101st. I thought It'd be postpone but not cancelled but nope.

These shirts are available for sale.... http://store.calgarystampede.com/pro...-or-high-water All proceeds go to flood relief.

Comment

On a lighter note....I FOUND A PLACE TO LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! An acreage east of the city, meaning OUT OF THE CITY. I am so Excited being a country girl and all. Born and raised "Out on the mira" Its got 4 acres of land for my energetic Jack Russell and a second bedroom...and you know what thats for...MY BOOOKS!!!!! Got myself a Book/DVD/Record room. Can't wait to hang some of my it artwork and my Chadbourne carrie. Its partially furnished so we save alot of money on things we need as well. It is a basement suite but rarely. It has huge windows, is mainly above ground, heated floors and a beautiful vanity in the bathroom and a two level decent sized deck...a place to read...if the mosquitos don't kill me. All this rain means the largest breeding ground in calgary history. His yard is also flooded a bit so moquito heaven. It's no where near the flood zone. the bow turns south as you leave the city. We just got a years worth of rain in 3 days according to the tele. so everywhere has flooding which are just large puddles compared to everywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X