No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't even get me started on their international shipping rates...

Comment

Its cheaper for me to order something from the UK than from the us which I think is rediculous. $7 something to get a book from PS and at least $20 or more from CD depending on the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
        Its cheaper for me to order something from the UK than from the us which I think is rediculous. $7 something to get a book from PS and at least $20 or more from CD depending on the book.
        That doesn't surprised me at all. It's far cheaper for us to pay for shipping from the UK than it is for us to ship stuff to the UK.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

In general, when talking parcels, it seems that in many cases it is cheaper for me to ship something under 2 lbs to the US, than domestically here in Canada!

Comment

I find the shipping rates here pretty decent. I shipped a decent size box of books and ps3 games and miscellaneous stuff for $30 with $100 insurance on it. I Couldn't lift it.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
              I find the shipping rates here pretty decent. I shipped a decent size box of books and ps3 games and miscellaneous stuff for $30 with $100 insurance on it. I Couldn't lift it.
              Nice.
              "now youes can't leave"
              A Bronx Tale
              directed by Robert De Niro.

Comment

Mind you Canada Post is alot more reasonable than trying Purolator or UPS or DHL!!!

Comment

Oh yea, I considered them and AirCanada Cargo....All rediculous. Not to mention I wouldn't dare trust Aircanada with my shit anyway.

Comment

The space heater I use in my basement study died and now it is freezing down here. I need to gt a new one, but....damn CD!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Are you talking cdcc or the general e-mail? I passed on cdcc email as......... well more on that later. The general e-mail kind of got me wondering what is on the horizon. I think the first one will be the same as cdcc. The next 2 weeks could be interesting what with the big 3 announcements and the sub press King release.Oh my poor wallet.
                      Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      The space heater I use in my basement study died and now it is freezing down here. I need to gt a new one, but....damn CD!

Comment

Oh I really hope I get my money here soon. If I get what I should be getting then I will get a very nice deposit into my account. Not that I will be able to use it all for books, but I'll definitely have money to buy books.
                        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                        Spoiler!

Comment

Hooray, I finally got my unemployment back pay! And it only took them two months!

Comment

Today was 7 for the high last night - 15. tonight it will be just as cold. We finally got winter back after a 2 year break. Wish it was more snow then cold.

Comment

Anyone read Stephen R. Donaldson? I'm thinking about starting his main series.
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I love Donaldson, but his Covenant books "are" a bit on the downer mood side....but I love them. He also had a great two book fantasy comprised of Mirror of Her Dreams and A Man Rides Through. Also, he had a 5 book space opera series where the first book was much smaller and lighter in writing than the later 4. That was The Gap series and also great.

Comment

Working...
                                X