No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe anyone can delete a post they made, but only a moderator can delete an entire thread.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I see. Thanks! @bookworm 1: that's exactly why, lol. If it's boring and nobody is replying, I was hoping to get rid of them.

Comment

Well I did what noone else would do and has needed to be done for a long time.I stood up to the parent who knows everything and does nothing.You all know the type.Mr. know it all.Boy was it over due and boy did it feel good and just like all bullys when you call them out he backed down.The popcorn kernal rules!!!

Comment

Any body else feeling book overload.I had to put down Ghost Story seems muddled in the middle but have finally got back to it.In the mean time I hear other books calling to be read.Anyone else hear these voices or should I get to a doctor?

Comment

Me too. My TBR is only growing and every time I finish one I have trouble picking the next and then halfway through that I think of another book I want to read.

Comment

All the time. I'm usually juggling three or four at a time, and if I start thinking too much about other books, the list gets even longer.

Comment

My TBR list seems to perpetually grow on me. I recently (within in the last year and a half) got back into reading, after being not much of a reader. Also, took a turn down fiction road, and haven't turned back since! I went and purchased 2 books off AbeBooks, and the next day, I got 5 books from a co-worker, on top of the 3 or 4 Stephen King books my sister gave me! Where do you start? Which one do you read next? I usually only have 1 going at a time. Plus... my reading time is not very plentiful. Weekends are a write-off - as I coach minor hockey and my daughter plays on my team (of course), plus with all that's going on, my plate is very full as it is, and reading time is precious to me!

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                  My TBR list seems to perpetually grow on me. I recently (within in the last year and a half) got back into reading, after being not much of a reader. Also, took a turn down fiction road, and haven't turned back since! I went and purchased 2 books off AbeBooks, and the next day, I got 5 books from a co-worker, on top of the 3 or 4 Stephen King books my sister gave me! Where do you start? Which one do you read next? I usually only have 1 going at a time. Plus... my reading time is not very plentiful. Weekends are a write-off - as I coach minor hockey and my daughter plays on my team (of course), plus with all that's going on, my plate is very full as it is, and reading time is precious to me!
                  Hmm... can you read when you go to bed?

Comment

I did for brief time - in fact my wife would read too. Now it seems we play angry birds for a bit, if I can even keep my eyes open long enough.

Comment

This time of the year is always "wanna read" overload for me, too. The Halloween season puts me in the mood for so many. I'm working on "Dark Forces" on the phone Kindle when I'm walking the dog, and Bradbury's "October Country" here at home. At work I'm about to start the 5th volume of Alan Moore's "Swamp Thing" reprints. And with all that, I've been in the mood to revisit "The Books of Blood". Just not enough time.

And to make my free time even shorter, one of the local digital channels is now playing "Night Gallery" each night, so I've been recording them for a trip back to childhood. One of my earliest TV memories is an episode where a fisherman catches a mermaid. Looking at the dates, I was 5.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                        This time of the year is always "wanna read" overload for me, too. The Halloween season puts me in the mood for so many. I'm working on "Dark Forces" on the phone Kindle when I'm walking the dog, and Bradbury's "October Country" here at home. At work I'm about to start the 5th volume of Alan Moore's "Swamp Thing" reprints. And with all that, I've been in the mood to revisit "The Books of Blood". Just not enough time.

And to make my free time even shorter, one of the local digital channels is now playing "Night Gallery" each night, so I've been recording them for a trip back to childhood. One of my earliest TV memories is an episode where a fisherman catches a mermaid. Looking at the dates, I was 5.
                        Awesome. I don't think I ever caught "Night Gallery", but I was glad when someone ran "Tales From the Darkside" again (although they weren't nearly as enjoyable now, except in a "so bad they're good" way). And back before cable, one of our local tv stations ran a home-grown show every Saturday night at 11:30 called "The Late Great Horror Show." It was just this cheesy host with bad sets who would play all sorts of old horror movies - but it was such a blast. That's one thing I hate about where we're at now - everything is so available all the time that it's hard to find something special.

Comment

Ohh, forgot about the "proof giveaway". Did anyone get anything yet?
                          Last edited by Xiabei; 10-28-2012, 01:23 AM. Reason: correct term added :-)

Comment

The proof giveaway? I got Partials by Dan Wells today.

Comment

I received the Proof Awakenings by Edward Lazellari, it sounds interesting. May be a while before I get to it though. I put a photo in my collection thread. Thanks again to the fine folks at CD!

Comment

Must have missed the proof giveaway.This is the first I am hearing of it.Well this weekend has been spent racking and getting ready for the franken storm to hit us.Looks bad but not as bad as they thought originally.

Comment

Working...
                                X