No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratz, Jester! We'll have plenty more for you next week!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Count on it Jester, count on it hypnotised.gif

Comment

Anyone here have experience in law enforcement or dealing with gangs in some way? It would best if the experience was in the US but anywhere would work. I'm working on a paper and could use some assistance with it. PM me if you'd prefer to answer that way. Thanks

Comment

Sorry jester. From what I hear a lot of the activity recently is my fault. I'm the overposting bastard. Lol.

Comment

Here are three more books with the same cover. I think all of these were done by small publishers so the use of the same image is more excusable then the other example.

Comment

This just doesn't seem... ethical to me. Every single book should have its own cover. Not some random file picture with minor changes. This ain't right, man.
              "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                For the first time in about 2 months, I'M CAUGHT UP ON THIS FORUM YOU OVER-POSTING BASTERDS!!!! That'll probably change by the time I'm finished typing tho.
                Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                  Anyone here have experience in law enforcement or dealing with gangs in some way? It would best if the experience was in the US but anywhere would work. I'm working on a paper and could use some assistance with it. PM me if you'd prefer to answer that way. Thanks
                  Well, I wrote my masters thesis on The Mafia. Don't know what you need, but maybe I can be of assistance.

Comment

The question of the multiple books with the same cover is a troubling one. I know, as an author, I would be upset if I saw my cover art on another book. Not sure what happened with the first set of pictures, as those are big enough names that you would think the publisher would buy the art outright, but the second case is small press and some are guilty of buying stock photos from artists that are used elsewhere. Still disappointing for the author, though. I know that Dark Moon Books was lucky enough to find some very talented artists early in their careers and put them on staff.
                    http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

What you talkin to us.
                      Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                      For the first time in about 2 months, I'M CAUGHT UP ON THIS FORUM YOU OVER-POSTING BASTERDS!!!! That'll probably change by the time I'm finished typing tho.

Comment

agree +100.
                        Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
                        This just doesn't seem... ethical to me. Every single book should have its own cover. Not some random file picture with minor changes. This ain't right, man.

Comment

Cemetery Dance doesn't do this, right? I want every single book to have it's own beautiful, professional cover. I know you aren't supposed to judge a book by its cover, and I don't, honestly. BUT, a very striking cover gets me to pick it up out of curiosity for the artwork itself. I DO look at all aspects of a book. I even read what typeset it was in.

I realize budgets are tight, but if a publisher isn't willing to commit to the work by promoting it with its own unique cover, why should I commit to reading it? I might be cheating myself out of a great story by that attitude, but, I'm old, I have to start being selective about what books I take the ride with. Does that make sense?
                          "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

I have never seen the same cover on any of my books from CD let alone their Magazines or comics.I get what you are saying but if the story sounds like something that will hold my interest I don't think I would let that get in the way of making a purchase.If it is a new author or a new small press with the way the economy is in this country right now I guess I can understand even if I do not agree.

Comment

Well, having babbled all that I did, chances are, I probably wouldn't even know that the cover was re-used. The first time I heard about this practice was here, a few days ago. hahaha.

But by golly, I am prepared to walk away from books that look back at me with the same cover. (okay, so I got overly dramatic about it. But, I love books. I want them to be unique in every way.) :-)

Comment

Understood.As a collector I look for books I want by authors I want and like.However I have bought new authors stuff sometime after just seeing the quality of the book.I have discovered some great writers this way.

Comment

Working...
                                X