Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tumbleweed.jpg

Comment

Yup, that pretty much sums it up. Although I'm on here pretty much all the time this week. But back to work on Monday dammit!

Comment

Monday's my day off....

sk

Comment

I wish I had the funds to buy all the wonderful books out there that Cemetery Dance and Dark Moon books and several other presses are offering. Things are just too tight right now. The four that I'd really like to have are C.W. Lasart's Ad nauseum, King's WInd thru the Key hole, The Woman by Ketchum and The Century's Best Horror by Everyone One Else, just to name a few.

Comment

Good choices there Randy. Read The Woman not too long ago. A good read and the bonus novella was good as well.

Comment

Yea I go to work around 10:15 pm.Some evenings I am busy with scouts or meetings or just enjoying the nice weather.I get home sleep and some times check things out when I get up.But I do post more when I am off except now spring is here and we get busy with out door stuff.Plus community service projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                I've noticed from about 7 to 930-10 Arizona time (which is the same as Pacific Time this time of year) there is almost no activity on the forum.
                Iunno if its at the same time given the diferrence but here its dead from 830-10Ish.close to shift change I get. I know I start reading before I go home and squire gets ready for work. Grant never seems to be around...not sure what time it is down under. Gets pretty dead.

My random thought for today? Ouwwwwwwwwwwch I pulled a muscle in my back. For real per some er doctor who says muscles can "crunch"

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                  Iunno if its at the same time given the diferrence but here its dead from 830-10Ish.close to shift change I get. I know I start reading before I go home and squire gets ready for work. Grant never seems to be around...not sure what time it is down under. Gets pretty dead.
                  That's probably around 4-630 here with the current time difference between Phoenix and Sydney.

Comment

Not to mention Sydney and Sydney, aye Teri

Comment

I thought this was kind of interesting. Both of these books came out in September 2010 in the US. Both are about zombies, although one is directed at young adults and the other at adults. And both use the same image as the basis for the cover, although they are mirrored.

Any else ever notice something like this?

n343949.jpg41PXgzGqD6L.jpg

Comment

Same guy maybe. Using a fake name. Never know, john and Johnathan. Did you read the books?

Comment

Is the publishing house the same?
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

They are not. Rot & Ruin is a Simon & Schuster (for Young Readers) title and Handling the Dead is a Thomas Dunne (St. Martin's Press imprint) title; S&S and SMP are two of the big 6 publishing houses...the covers in question both came out in September of 2010 with R&R coming out first by 2 weeks. Interesting, Joe. Good catch!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Lindqvist is from Sweden and Maberry I'm pretty sure is an American. Lindqvist has been pretty popular in recent years with Let the Right One In (Let Me In in the US) and the 2010 movie adaptation. I would think because of his popularity that Simon & Schuster would be aware of the book coming out and change the cover but given the different target audiences maybe they thought it wouldn't matter.

And no I didn't read them but Lindqvist's books have been on my to buy list for a while but I have to many on that list as well as my TBR pile at the moment.

Comment

For the first time in about 2 months, I'M CAUGHT UP ON THIS FORUM YOU OVER-POSTING BASTERDS!!!! That'll probably change by the time I'm finished typing tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X