No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received the Cemetery Dance Trade edition of Peter Crowther's 'Things I Didn't Know My Father Knew' today and I am puzzled. The book says that it is published by Cemetery Dance but it is not like any CD book I have every seen. It looks like a grown up PS Publishing book. I say grown up because it is oversized at 7x10. Other than that it is all PS. Art Printed on boards and extremely bright white paper. The binding appears to be glued. There are several pieces of art sprinkled throughout and at over 500 pages looks like a good value at $40.

Comment

Did something today which I haven't done in years and that was participating in an feebay auction. Lost in the last minute of course. But I'm cool with that as I placed my best offer. I had forget how fun it is to watch the timer count down.

Missed out on a lettered copy of Indian Summer by Rick Hautala. I only own one lettered and was hoping this one would fly under the radar. It kind of did but it went above my budgeted amount.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Things may have gotten interesting here.

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
        Did something today which I haven't done in years and that was participating in an feebay auction. Lost in the last minute of course. But I'm cool with that as I placed my best offer. I had forget how fun it is to watch the timer count down.

Missed out on a lettered copy of Indian Summer by Rick Hautala. I only own one lettered and was hoping this one would fly under the radar. It kind of did but it went above my budgeted amount.

Comment

Things may have gotten interesting here.

Are you adding another lettered to your collection?

Comment

I am. Something must have happened with the high bidder. Woot!

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Are you adding another lettered to your collection?

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

That's great, congrats on the win!

I was looking at a watch (that I don't need) on chrono24.com, and luckily, someone bought it. There is one more beautiful example for sale (it's at least 45 years old), and I think I've convinced myself to click away and pretend it's not there. This has been going on for almost a week now...I really like this watch!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

That's great, congrats on the win!

I was looking at a watch (that I don't need) on chrono24.com, and luckily, someone bought it. There is one more beautiful example for sale (it's at least 45 years old), and I think I've convinced myself to click away and pretend it's not there. This has been going on for almost a week now...I really like this watch!
                  I try so hard to stay away from watches, as every time I dip my toes in the water I get far too obsessed. With limited edition books and motorcycles, I already have two expensive hobbies, and I don't need or want a third. That said, horology always seems to drag me back in a time or two a year, and I find myself visiting Watchuseek.com and Watchrecon.com daily. I have a glass-top box with twelve slots and only have two spots left, so at least I've managed to corral in and contain the potential. I haven't breached the four-digit threshold yet, so I suppose that's something...though there are a couple models in the Hamilton Jazzmaster Automatic Chronograph line that sure continue to catch my eye, and the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean chronograph in orange is my grail watch.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Bought a few books on Folio for Christmas gifts and man the shipping rates are ludicrous. I paid their price but that will probably be the last time. It was $34.24 for shipping and handling on two books -one which is very small- but they do guarantee delivery before Christmas.

Bought a copy of The Color Purple for my wife and a copy of The Living Mountain for my daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I try so hard to stay away from watches, as every time I dip my toes in the water I get far too obsessed. With limited edition books and motorcycles, I already have two expensive hobbies, and I don't need or want a third. That said, horology always seems to drag me back in a time or two a year, and I find myself visiting Watchuseek.com and Watchrecon.com daily. I have a glass-top box with twelve slots and only have two spots left, so at least I've managed to corral in and contain the potential. I haven't breached the four-digit threshold yet, so I suppose that's something...though there are a couple models in the Hamilton Jazzmaster Automatic Chronograph line that sure continue to catch my eye, and the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean chronograph in orange is my grail watch.
                      Yeah, watches are tough - so many shiny pretty things! Omega make some nice watches. I think my favorite of theirs is the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 43mm GMT Worldtimer, which is more than I'm willing to spend until after we get the kid thru college - https://www.chrono24.com/omega/omega...id15869031.htm

I also like the Speedmaster Skywalker X-33 Solar Impulse Limited Edition. I've always liked the X-33 models, but there was always something else I wanted instead - https://www.chrono24.com/omega/speed...id21516302.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Yeah, watches are tough - so many shiny pretty things! Omega make some nice watches. I think my favorite of theirs is the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 43mm GMT Worldtimer, which is more than I'm willing to spend until after we get the kid thru college - https://www.chrono24.com/omega/omega...id15869031.htm

I also like the Speedmaster Skywalker X-33 Solar Impulse Limited Edition. I've always liked the X-33 models, but there was always something else I wanted instead - https://www.chrono24.com/omega/speed...id21516302.htm
                        I’m afraid the second one doesn’t do much for me, but that first one is beautiful…I love blue dials, and the clean layout of the complications is handsome. I prefer Omega over Rolex for reasons both quantifiable and abstract, but given that I’ll likely never wear either on my wrist — I could add another motorcycle to my modest stable for that same $8K - $10K — it’s a bit of a moot comparison. For now. ;-)
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Bought a few books on Folio for Christmas gifts and man the shipping rates are ludicrous. I paid their price but that will probably be the last time. It was $34.24 for shipping and handling on two books -one which is very small- but they do guarantee delivery before Christmas.

Bought a copy of The Color Purple for my wife and a copy of The Living Mountain for my daughter.
                          I wonder if we all went in on an order we'd save some money with the shipping. There are a few other books of theirs that I wouldn't mind having, but the shipping is killer.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of them but for some reason I find myself going back for more. It's as if I have a book buying addiction or something. Crazy saying that..,Right?

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

I wonder if we all went in on an order we'd save some money with the shipping. There are a few other books of theirs that I wouldn't mind having, but the shipping is killer.

Comment

Nothing is crazy in this hobby.

I am hot and cold on their books - I think I enjoy them more because I can get a book that appears to be a fancy special edition for an author like Agatha Christie for my wife.

Comment

Can't wear a watch as I'm not crazy about things on my wrist. And the few times that I have; I seem to bump it on everything within a 100 mile radius. Fancy is definitely out of the question.

Comment

Working...
                                X