No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet numbered 666 would be a devil to get.

OK, that was bad.

Mulleins

In reply to thread 3928
    I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

Martin is lucky enough to not live in King, Pierce, or Snohomish County and have to pay for Sound Transit (mass transit.)

In 2019 when I bought my Jeep, $650 of thats $800 license fee was for Sound Transit. This year it went down to $525 of the $630 renewal. I did enjoy riding the bus and train everyday for 10 years but damn.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
        Martin is lucky enough to not live in King, Pierce, or Snohomish County and have to pay for Sound Transit (mass transit.)

In 2019 when I bought my Jeep, $650 of thats $800 license fee was for Sound Transit. This year it went down to $525 of the $630 renewal. I did enjoy riding the bus and train everyday for 10 years but damn.
        That is a valid point. The mass transit payments I have are for C-Tran which serves a much smaller population and does not operate a ferry and light rail system. We have regular and rapid transit buses but that is it. I will saw that for the price I pay they offer very good service.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          Here you go:

CLEARY10
          Save 10% on any order

BEVERLY15
          Take 15% off your next order of 3 or more books

RAMONA20
          Save 20% on any order with 5 or more books

The Details:
          Maximum discount of $25 USD
          Copy and paste the code you want to use into the box in the shopping cart
          Valid for one use per customerselling for
          Expires Friday, April 17 at 23:59 pm EST
          CLEARY10
          Save 10% on any order. This code is what worked (Thanks Ron!), I only ordered one book. The book I ordered is one of the scarce titles by British author J Russell Warren and I've previously only seen it selling for over $300 and I could not pay that much for one book by this author no matter how much I love his books. The copy I got was under $30 and what I would call a good reading copy.

Cap
          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
            CLEARY10
            Save 10% on any order. This code is what worked (Thanks Ron!), I only ordered one book. The book I ordered is one of the scarce titles by British author J Russell Warren and I've previously only seen it selling for over $300 and I could not pay that much for one book by this author no matter how much I love his books. The copy I got was under $30 and what I would call a good reading copy.

Cap
            That sounds like a nice win, congratulations!

Comment

Congrats, Cap — glad you were able to save a few bucks *and* get a book you really want...win-win.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                That sounds like a nice win, congratulations!
                That is is a good way of putting it Martin. I was really surprised when this reader's copy just popped up. I'd be very surprised if this happens with the other 2 or 3 scarce titles. BTW, I'm really enjoying Snow Upon The Desert, over halfway through the book now.

Cap

Comment

Good job!

Comment

It's always great to stumble upon something you've been looking for.

Yesterday, I was half joking with a friend of mine that I should enlist his assistance in tracking down a handful of missing comic covers that David Petersen did. He did four covers to a series from Boom called The Muppets Snow White, and I have #1, and #4, but #2 and #3 never seem to come up on eBay. In fact, I've only seen #2 and it was stupid priced. Amazon had them (I never think about looking at Amazon) but they were priced quite a bit more than I thought they were worth. Well, my friend finds a set of the four issues, for $10, and while only three of them were David Petersen, they included the two issues I was missing.

Now if I can only track down that missing print and that damn shield . . .

Comment

Over the past three days I've sold three books for $156 total. Pumpin up my Paypal acct. I'm mailing out a box today with the two books I sold yesterday.

~Cap

Comment

Over the past three days I've sold three books for $156 total. Pumpin up my Paypal acct. I'm mailing out a box today with the two books I sold yesterday.

~Cap
                        Gotta love it when a hobby pays for itself (more or less).
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Congrats.

~Cap
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            Gotta love it when a hobby pays for itself (more or less).
                            I expected the person yesterday to decline the price I was asking for those two books. I pushed the envelope a little on one. I wouldn't sell a huge book like that for what I was seeing online and I would not have been shocked if the person declined my asking price.

Cap

Comment

This looks really interesting!
                              https://crimereads.com/this-is-the-b...acula-in-1897/

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                                That's a really interesting read.

Comment

Working...
                                X