Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Nothing super-crazy. The first was the traycased limited of The Skull Ring by Scott Nicholson. King's Way Press is rather infamous around these part--and rightfully so, due to their lengthy delays and various other issues--but I saw this on eBay and thought that the story sounded interesting and threw in a low bid and won it for under $25 bucks.

The second book is one that I've been searching for and finally grabbed it at a decent price: the signed limited of Deadman's Road by Joe Lansdale. This has been on my want list for years so I'm happy to finally have secured a copy for my collection.
    Well you were wise to say nothing in this forum about finding it on eBay. We would have driven the price up on you!

Comment

The second book is one that I've been searching for and finally grabbed it at a decent price: the signed limited of Deadman's Road by Joe Lansdale. This has been on my want list for years so I'm happy to finally have secured a copy for my collection.
      Congrats!

I did something similar yesterday with a Lansdale book - I threw a couple of bids at it and then forgot to check the auction at the last minute but still ended up with the book. Scored a signed hardcover copy of Private Eye Action. I got a really nice paperback version a few weeks ago, but the hardcover was a bit more elusive - the price was always a bit too high for my comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        Well you were wise to say nothing in this forum about finding it on eBay. We would have driven the price up on you!
        Silence does have its rewards...

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
          Congrats!

I did something similar yesterday with a Lansdale book - I threw a couple of bids at it and then forgot to check the auction at the last minute but still ended up with the book. Scored a signed hardcover copy of Private Eye Action. I got a really nice paperback version a few weeks ago, but the hardcover was a bit more elusive - the price was always a bit too high for my comfort.
          Very nice. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
            I just got my first SST book--Paradise Sky by Lansdale. Of course I did an unboxing video. I love the production. And I think the price was modest for what I received. I bought it direct from SST and shipping wasn't that bad. And it was incredibly fast. Got my shipping notice on the 5th and received the package on the 11th. Faster than I'd expect for international anyway.

I can't wait to read it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcWGguICWUc
            Why, Jeff? Why?! Now I am so tempted to pick up a copy of Paradise Sky...and The Toll...and...

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              Congrats!

Congrats -- the HC of that one is a tough one to find at a decent price. I still have the tpb...so that tells you how good my luck has been.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Very nice. Congrats!
                Thanks!

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                Congrats -- the HC of that one is a tough one to find at a decent price. I still have the tpb...so that tells you how good my luck has been.
                I got it for less than $80 which I thought was a well deserved/earned price.

Now I'm trying to fill out my shopping cart to take advantage of my Paypal credit . . . hello missing Mouse Guard bookplate and signed Scott Ian book (his second.)

Comment

Why, Jeff? Why?! Now I am so tempted to pick up a copy of Paradise Sky...and The Toll...and...
                  Got three items in my cart as I write this.

Comment

There was some discussion over in Martin's thread about checks and it got me to thinking about this question. When is the last time you guys have actually written out a personal check for anything? I'll go first.

2013. Between the purchase of our 1st and 2nd home, we rented for a bit. I could have set up a payment to my landlord via online banking but, she insisted on a personal check each and every month by the 5th. Outside of that, I think I stopped writing checks sometime in the early 2000s, if not sooner.

Comment

I have never actually written a check. Used a few money orders through the years. I received my 50th inscribed to me book today. It was Land of Bones by Glenn Rolfe.

Comment

Last night. I paid a couple of bills. Yes I am still old school about things like money. Hey I've only had a cell phone for a little over a year and if it wasn't for my daughter's medical issues I probably still wouldn't own one of those either.

Comment

I’m also old school about that kind of stuff… I write checks for almost all of my bills.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I write one for the trash bill because the stamp is cheaper than the service charge to use plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                              There was some discussion over in Martin's thread about checks and it got me to thinking about this question. When is the last time you guys have actually written out a personal check for anything? I'll go first.

2013. Between the purchase of our 1st and 2nd home, we rented for a bit. I could have set up a payment to my landlord via online banking but, she insisted on a personal check each and every month by the 5th. Outside of that, I think I stopped writing checks sometime in the early 2000s, if not sooner.
                              I write checks on occasion, probably been a couple of months though.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
                                I have never actually written a check. Used a few money orders through the years. I received my 50th inscribed to me book today. It was Land of Bones by Glenn Rolfe.
                                50 personally inscribed books, that is cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X