No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back Teri! Haven't seen you around in a while.

Comment

Pleasant surprises! So yesterday I receive a shipping notice for a book I forgot I had ordered. Pleasant surprise number 1. Then today I receive my signed copy of Brothers and I find that it is a hardbound copy, for some reason I thought this one was a paperback. Pleasant surprise number 2.

Comment

Sweet Martin. I've got that one on the way at some point as well. In the meantime, The Dark Man and the Cannibal Sisters should be joining me for dinner on Tuesday at the latest :-).

Comment

My Random Thought,
          Where is Squire? Have you gone on extended vacation?
          Happy Labor Day Weekend One and All (Sent from work lol)
          Mike

Comment

Yeah he hasn't been around much. I miss the guy! Happy labour day to you as well Mike, I hope you at least have Monday off. And congrats on reaching post 666!

Comment

Sometimes it pays to a do a little research. I recently lost an auction for a book; it simply went higher than I wanted to pay. Frustrated, I decided to see if any other copies were for sale around the internet. There weren't, but I did make my way back to the original publisher. Unfortunately, they've been on hiatus for several years, and most of the contact info on their website no longer worked. However, the address of the publisher and his name was there, so I googled him, thereby making my way to his LinkedIn profile. The only mention of the press there was a random link in his contact info, but it was to a section of the press's site that wasn't linked from the homepage. There, I found a different contact email that does still work.

To wrap this meandering mess up, he still has copies of the book for sale, and is letting them go for half what I was willing to pay (which itself was only slightly more than 25% of what the copy on eBay went for).

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                Sometimes it pays to a do a little research. I recently lost an auction for a book; it simply went higher than I wanted to pay. Frustrated, I decided to see if any other copies were for sale around the internet. There weren't, but I did make my way back to the original publisher. Unfortunately, they've been on hiatus for several years, and most of the contact info on their website no longer worked. However, the address of the publisher and his name was there, so I googled him, thereby making my way to his LinkedIn profile. The only mention of the press there was a random link in his contact info, but it was to a section of the press's site that wasn't linked from the homepage. There, I found a different contact email that does still work.

To wrap this meandering mess up, he still has copies of the book for sale, and is letting them go for half what I was willing to pay (which itself was only slightly more than 25% of what the copy on eBay went for).
                Always a good thing

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

That's some awesome book sleuthing, slayn! I usually search ebay, Abebooks, and Camelot, maybe Bad Moon, then pretty much call it a day. I kinda feel like I've been slacking...

Comment

My boys have the ultimate Halloween job. They are working at the local haunted hay ride for the next month. My oldest son this is his second year doing this. So cool that now he can drag his 16 year old brother along with him.

Comment

Too neat for you!

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                        My boys have the ultimate Halloween job. They are working at the local haunted hay ride for the next month. My oldest son this is his second year doing this. So cool that now he can drag his 16 year old brother along with him.
                        That would be really cool.

Comment

Yes and it's considered one of the best Halloween attractions in the state. I once again am jealous of them.

Comment

I've either been robbed or am moving.

One means I've got weeks of work ahead of me and will need tools that I don't have and muscles and tactics that I haven't used in years. The other means I've got months of work ahead of me and will need all of the previously mentioned plus a lawyer.

SAM_1396.JPG

Found within the first two packages at my new place:

SAM_1395.JPG
                            “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                            -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Sweet looking bookcase.

Comment

Love the bookcases and the new books!

Comment

Working...
                                X