Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
    If anyone on here is in the OK City area, I hope all is well with you. Absolutely unbelievable the destruction.
    +1. Extremely sad news.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
      Thanks for the well wishes. I have attempted to quit before but (this may sound bad) it was for others. This time I'm quitting for me and I have a better attitude about it. One month of pain is not long considering all the positives that will come from this. While I'm quitting tobacco I'm also exercising/dieting and laying off of the booze. I don't want to gain weight from this and drinking is a trigger.
      That doesn't sound bad actually. A lot of people decide to quit things like smoking, drinking, drugs, etc. for someone else. I think quitting for someone else is fine, though it often isn't successful. Quitting for yourself is definitely the way to go, as I think it would make quitting a little easier in a sense. Not easy, of course, but easier.

I know I quit for myself, as I didn't find it worth the price and figured it'd be better for my health in the long run too. I'm surprised I didn't pick it back up soon after though as I quit towards the end of 2006 and the start of 2007 started very badly and the first few months of that year were extremely stressful and depressing due to finding out I had MS. Stress was always a trigger (along with alcohol) for smoking, but I was successful somehow, likely because my body must not have formed an addiction to it!
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

Just read about the tornado in Oklahoma, hopefully everyone on the board, and their families are safe.

Comment

What devastation! I actually watched The Weather Channel cover it live, as I am into that - weather forecasting was an early goal of mine as far as careers go - didn't work out, but still watch and analyse all the data you can get on the Storm Prediction Center webpage.

I too hope that everyone on here and their families are safe.

I live in the northernmost reaches of "Tornado Alley" and Windsor, ON is prone to severe storms (we are the thunderstorm capital of Canada), and tornado watches/warnings are a regular occurrence here. It's odd though, despite us getting maybe 1 a year (in 2010 we had 3 touchdowns in the middle of night about 40km from me - Leamington - I drove by a week later and was amazed, and that was an F2), the F4 - F5 twisters like in Moore are un-imaginable for me. We generally don't take the watches/warning very serious up here. I do own a weather radio though. The sad part is, after 1980s all tornado sirens (air raid sirens from cold war) were decommissioned and torn down.

Comment

I havent been around much except the odd quick post but I thought I better share this with you guys because it was amazing...

A Local theatre company (Workshop Theatre) did a production of Night of the Living Dead! Based on the original 1968 Romero/Russo film. and I must say it was AWESOME! I Just loved the chick who played Barbra. There were some changes like Ben being an rambo looking "indian"(Native Canadian) but it was great. The zombies were excellent altho the effects were what you would expect from a local play...but it just made it more awesome. It was funny and Creepy. I think my favorite part and the most annoying part was that in the little alley way behind the back row where they get back any forth and shine lights n shit from. well back there there was constantly a zombie trying to scare the people in the back. It was mint. Unfortunately there were only two people sitting in the back row...Mason and I so...the zombies didn't get their scream fest but it did keep creeping me out. At first they were just groaning back there but I was waiting for more. When I least expected it and almost forgot he was there he grabbed my shoulder and ran his hand down my back. Jump but no scream. I wish I was a freaked out person it woulda been more awesome that way. I jumped and pulled away and sat forward for the rest of the show because I didn't want a stranger groping me. lol. Still friggin creeped me out. IT WAS AWESOME!

I wish I hadda bought tickets for my sister and brother in law. They are so jumpy and they WILL scream. My brother in law did a damn tuck and roll when our friend cheryl came up behind him while he was into skyrim one day...all we heard from upstairs was YOU FUCKIN CUNT! and he still gets creeped out by that noise from the grudge and runs up the stairs if the lights are out. lol. My sister screams and throws her popcorn at the littlest thing. They woulda been way better people than Mase and I in the back row.

All in All it was a FANTASTIC experience. I loved every damn minute of it.

Comment

I can't afford another book...I am a sucker for the premise but I just can't do it. Furlough is a big topic in our household.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

The new neighbors are growing up fast.

DSCF3871 (640x480).jpg

Came home from work one day and found two of them had already flown the nest! Then there were two...

DSCF3873 (640x480).jpg

I thought this one was getting ready to try out his wings, but he slipped and fell back into the nest.

DSCF3875 (640x480).jpg
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Looks a bit annoyed.

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                  The new neighbors are growing up fast.

Comment

Yeah, they look that way whenever I come around with my camera...
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Well Holy Mackinaw I won a giveaway!!!! LibraryThing notified me this morning. Won a review copy of Mountain Dead by Jason Sizemore that I forgot I entered in the May batch, as they say.

Comment

Congratz! I won Fade to Black from Librarything.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

So, this weekend my wife was catching up on previous seasons/episodes of Sons of Anarchy - and he makes a guest appearance in one of the season 3 episodes - good ol' Stephen King. He plays a guy who "cleans up" after a kill.

Comment

Really need to catch up with that show too. Even if Mr. King wasn't the Jimi Hendrix of horror, that would still have been perfect casting. The cold, dead eyes on him!

Comment

Over the past couple of days I have been doing a redesign of my video game website. It's finally pretty much done and looking pretty good, at least until I decide to change things again.

http://newedenlive.net/
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Looks good. will spend more time there when I can. So glad work is done till Monday night. Only 3 days this week but they were long and totally nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X