No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, certainly make for a better story than mine.

Some day I plan to write about my baseball career. I was never a pro or even a minor, but I played in a lot of equivalent leagues with some pros and minors. I was raised an athlete, who wanted to write stories. Funny how things changed only because of a delusional coach or two. Someday, but this year is already shaping up to be a busy one. It's good to have the plate filling up nicely.
    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

I'm watching Futureworld. My heart breaks every time for Clark the robot. Am I the only one who gets verklempt?
      "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Never saw it: But I thought Westworld rocked! And I do get verklempt at a lot of movies these day, as opposed to when I was younger.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Well, Futureworld isn't as good as Westworld, but it's still pretty entertaining. And I can boo hoo over the oddest scenes sometimes. The interesting thing, 50 people can be slaughtered in living color in front of my eyes and I might flinch, or say "oooo" or think it was overkill -- but one animal walks on that screen and stubs their toe and I am a bucket of sobbing goo. I'm not sure what this says about me. I know it's a movie, and I do care about people getting hurt, just not as much as an animal.
          "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

I get the same feeling/reaction with the last 10 minutes of Close Encounters of the Third Kind (from the first time I watched it in 1978 at the theatre through to the last time I watched it in September last year) ... Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
              Well, Futureworld isn't as good as Westworld, but it's still pretty entertaining. And I can boo hoo over the oddest scenes sometimes. The interesting thing, 50 people can be slaughtered in living color in front of my eyes and I might flinch, or say "oooo" or think it was overkill -- but one animal walks on that screen and stubs their toe and I am a bucket of sobbing goo. I'm not sure what this says about me. I know it's a movie, and I do care about people getting hurt, just not as much as an animal.
              I am the same way. I got so angry and offended watching Supernatural last night when the guy killed the dog....but not when he killed all the "chubby" girls before that.

Comment

Don't watch this film!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068772/

I've seen it under the English title "The Hunchback of the Mogue." In the climatic scene, paul Naschy is carrying a torch to light his way through the tunnels under the city when a cage ro rats gets loose and startle him. they catch on fire and go scurrying everywhere! It wasn't supposed to happen, so the scene show the rats actually on fire! It was banned in the US for a long time because of that scene.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Eegads, that sounds awful.

Comment

Actually, it's a pretty awesome scene; but with today's regulations, that wouldn't happen.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

In the author section down there, how were these authors chosen to be so prominently displayed?

Comment

Pretty much the authors that people were talking about when the forum started; Dan separated out some threads from the general discussion section and formed the authors section. PM Dan if you think another should be added.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Can someone direct me to the winner of the recent CD short story contest that everyone voted on? Am I able to still read the winning entry?

Comment

Can someone direct me to the winner of the recent CD short story contest that everyone voted on? Am I able to still read the winning entry?
                            I removed the winner's story's after the contest was over. The runner ups are still available to read.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Who won?

Comment

Who won?
                                Meat Socks by Nikita
                                The WIngs of a Fly by mlouisdixon
                                Dr. Johnson's Patient by C.W. LaSart

Granted those are their forum names.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X