Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Washington State.
    I lived very close to the US border (Abbotsford, BC), maybe a mile away. I can't remember how often I took the trip via Sumas, Lynden, Bellingham and then along the I-5 towards Seattle.
    One of my favorite American cities.

sk

Comment

I love it as well. I am within an hour of any climate I could ask for, Beach, Desert, Mountains (including year round skiing). Lakes all around, large rivers, small rivers. I can enjoy time in large cities like Seattle or get out into the wilderness. Not to mention some of the best wineries and microbreweries on the planet!
      Originally posted by frik51 View Post
      I love Washington State.
      I lived very close to the US border (Abbotsford, BC), maybe a mile away. I can't remember how often I took the trip via Sumas, Lynden, Bellingham and then along the I-5 towards Seattle.
      One of my favorite American cities.

sk

Comment

You might love upstate NY.We have some of the most beautiful country around.In fact I am on my way out now for an afternoon hike.Love seeing all the fall colors.
        Today not a cloud to be found.

Comment

I have heard that parts of the North East is a lot like the Northwest. I am not sure about the desert area though. Went on a desert hike a few weeks ago. On the way there we stopped in a small town and the lady at the shop we stopped at told us to watch out for Rattle Snakes on the hike. That got my wife's attention.
          Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
          You might love upstate NY.We have some of the most beautiful country around.In fact I am on my way out now for an afternoon hike.Love seeing all the fall colors.

Comment

I have heard rumors for the last 2-3 years that Rattle Snakes are making their return to the Adirondacks but I have not seen any.I think they would have a hard time living through the winters we have.

Comment

We live on the west end of the cascades and have no rattle snakes. Head east an hour into the desert and they are pretty common.
              I have heard rumors for the last 2-3 years that Rattle Snakes are making their return to the Adirondacks but I have not seen any.I think they would have a hard time living through the winters we have.

Comment

Ah, from my neck of the woods... Depending on how far upstate you are. I love the Catskills.

Comment

The Catskills are south west of us.We live near as in less then an hour from the Adirondacks.I grew up on the border of Canada North of the Adirondacks.Have not been to the Catskills since they closed the game farm.One of the best zoos around.
                  Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
                  Ah, from my neck of the woods... Depending on how far upstate you are. I love the Catskills.

Comment

How many of our American forum members have actually been to all of the fifty states?

This Dutchman has!

sk

Comment

I have not.
                      Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                      How many of our American forum members have actually been to all of the fifty states?

This Dutchman has!

sk

Comment

Only Michigan, South Carolina and Georgia for me.

Comment

Nope. Most, but not all.

Comment

Hmm lets see. Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Main, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia. Though I'm adding Colorado to the list here in a couple of weeks.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Ok my list is; California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nevada, Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana.

Comment

Someone mentioned a few days to get off the island, its only 2hours. but to get out of the province it about 8 so thats most of a day shot already. Driving is not really an option unless your taking EVERYTHING with you then it might be worth while. Me, I am just taking my clothes, my original ps3 cuz I am not giving it up and buying a piece of crap ps3, my laptop, my ereader and my books of course. Getting most of that on the plane with me. Most of the books being shipped. Anything worth over $50 is in my carryon bookwise. ps3 is packed with clothes and pillows hoping it makes the trip in one piece. Laptop in another carryon with my ereader. Have to ship my ps3 accessories which I didnt realize I had so much of, a box which will be shipped right away and i added the rest of my non first editions too. packed a lil willy nilly but they'll be ok and not worth anything anyway. Leaving SAturday. Getting knots in my stomach now...could be the accidental glutening I got but i'd say its nerves. Mainly because I am leaving behind my Murphman and my Nephew. It'd be easier to kidnap my nephew than to take my dog to be honest. no one wants to take him in. I am still hoping my dad keeps him until I get my own place. Rambling again...sorry guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X