No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine are stuck in "pre-shipment" status, so who knows when they will arrive, but happy to have the notice!

Comment

Safely arrived. I guessed right it was lividian and all 3 were new to me. 

Dog Stars by Peter Heller 
      Where They Wait by Scott Carson
      Elsewhere by Dean Koontz

All numbered editions
      Last edited by saginawhorror; 07-29-2024, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
        Safely arrived. I guessed right it was lividian and all 3 were new to me. 

Dog Stars by Peter Heller 
        Where They Wait by Scott Carson
        Elsewhere by Dean Koontz

All numbered editions
        Nice!  Mine is still stuck in pre-shipping notice limbo since the 23rd.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Speaking of mail, I received today via FedEx an item that I've been after for...well, for as long as I can recall, but certainly with a dedicated focus for at least a decade. It always seemed like I was finding variations of this item after the fact...a day late and a dollar short, so to speak. But at last one is in my hands, though it didn't come particularly cheap...but then gold never is. I've been so wrapped up in real estate stuff (we're selling our current home, buying another out-of-state) today that I haven't even had a chance to open the box yet...I've just been staring at the box for a couple hours. But even that feels satisfying...to know it's in there and it's mine. Once I bask privately in the utter glory of this item for a day or two, I'll post a pic of it here and on X. I'm certain many will not understand or share my excitement as it's not a book per se, but it is, for me, one of the most exciting acquisitions I've secured in a good long time.
          I don't believe I ever followed up and posted what this special item was, so if I did forgive my redundancy, but if I didn't, this is what made my year (and then some): a Cornell Woolrich signed letter to his sometimes agent, Harold Swanson, which he not only signs it w/ an accompanying handwritten postscript, but references THE BRIDE WORE BLACK, the novel that in the year of this letter would launch Woolrich’s career as the 20th century’s finest novelist of suspense and noir -- and one of my favorite authors of all time.

letter.jpeg

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I don't believe I ever followed up and posted what this special item was, so if I did forgive my redundancy, but if I didn't, this is what made my year (and then some): a Cornell Woolrich signed letter to his sometimes agent, Harold Swanson, which he not only signs it w/ an accompanying handwritten postscript, but references THE BRIDE WORE BLACK, the novel that in the year of this letter would launch Woolrich’s career as the 20th century’s finest novelist of suspense and noir -- and one of my favorite authors of all time.

letter.jpeg

Good Lord that is so Cool!  I love Woolrich as well.  I'm so happy Centipede is doing his books and short stories.

Comment

Thanks, Mike -- and I can't agree more: of all things Centipede has done and plans to do, their Woolrich books are near -- if not 'at' -- the top of my list.

Comment

Was anyone here selected as a winner in the SK signed BIC raffle?
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

letter.jpeg

That's awesome! I see the hotel has survived all these years, so the "absolutely fireproof" claim hasn't been tested   

https://www.harlemworldmagazine.com/...new-york-1905/

I also like the tagline "Visit the World's Fair...in New York...1939". 

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

I also like the tagline "Visit the World's Fair...in New York...1939".Â
                    You know, it’s funny, I didn’t even notice that before until I posted the photo here at the forum. Pretty cool nod to history.

Comment

letter.jpeg

Things like this don't normally tickle my fancy, but, man, Ron, this is one heck of a item to add to the collection. So very, very cool! Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks, Mike -- and I can't agree more: of all things Centipede has done and plans to do, their Woolrich books are near -- if not 'at' -- the top of my list.
                        One of my big regrets is passing on the Centipede books when they were first announced. I wasn't a subscriber at that point and passed mostly, I think, because at the time it was sizeable chunk of change for an author I hadn't read in a genre I was not too familiar with. Now, I occasionally look at picking up some titles, but they range in the $175+ per title on the aftermarket (and $175 is at the very low end), so I've made little to no headway. I do have the last two releases that came out so I need to crack those bad boys open at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Things like this don't normally tickle my fancy, but, man, Ron, this is one heck of an item to add to the collection. So very, very cool! Congratulations!
                          Thanks, and hope you enjoy those two Woolrich volumes when you have a chance to read them.

Comment

Thanks, and hope you enjoy those two Woolrich volumes when you have a chance to read them.
                            I'm definitely looking forward to digging into them.  I just need to find the right time to slide it into the pile.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Nice!  Mine is still stuck in pre-shipping notice limbo since the 23rd.
                              Finally got some movement.  Showing that mine was picked up by USPS this morning and should arrive next Tuesday.  

Comment

I just unsubscribed from the CD mailing list. There. I said it.
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X