Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

OK thank you! I wondered if I missed an update or notice. I refreshed the page a few times to make sure it wasn't a hang-up on my end. Really it was an impulse buy and I found the omission more curious than anything.Â
    I am not purchasing the book but decided to see if I had a Media Mail option. I placed the exact book you did in my cart and had Media Mail option for $7.87. I would recommend clearing your cache or trying a different browser.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I am not purchasing the book but decided to see if I had a Media Mail option. I placed the exact book you did in my cart and had Media Mail option for $7.87. I would recommend clearing your cache or trying a different browser.
      Thank you Martin! Weird. 

Comment

Just received my LE copy of Kristopher Triana's & Mona Kabbani's "The Dark Embrace". The production turned out great. Look forward to reading it soon!

Comment

Congrats. I thought about that one but trying to limit purchases.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
          Just received my LE copy of Kristopher Triana's & Mona Kabbani's "The Dark Embrace". The production turned out great. Look forward to reading it soon!

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Just received my copy of Stephen King's "You Like It Darker". Not sure how quickly I will get to it, but getting a new King book is always a good day!

Comment

Way to go. I need to go snag a copy as well.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
              Just received my copy of Stephen King's "You Like It Darker". Not sure how quickly I will get to it, but getting a new King book is always a good day!

Comment

Thought about ordering a nice copy of Velveteen Rabbit as a birthday gift for my daughter from Folio. The book isn't bad at $60 but then they want another $18 for standard shipping.

I will likely just get her a copy elsewhere. I was a little put off by their shipping price.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                  Thought about ordering a nice copy of Velveteen Rabbit as a birthday gift for my daughter from Folio. The book isn't bad at $60 but then they want another $18 for standard shipping.

I will likely just get her a copy elsewhere. I was a little put off by their shipping price.
                  Even worse than their shipping price is the fact they charge a higher price for US customers on their books, rather than using the current conversion rate. I ordered my first book from them earlier this year, and got pretty annoyed when I found that out.

Comment

The wife and I took the 2+ hour drive on Wednesday to check out Bart's Books. Located in Ojai, California, it is the touted as the world's largest outdoor bookstore and I have to say it was pretty impressive. They had very large sections of philosophy, poetry, biographies and autobiographies, and, of course, fiction. I will say that I am always dismayed when I go to a bookstore, especially larger ones, and they don't have a dedicated horror section (yet somehow horror and fantasy always warrant their own) and Bart's was no exception. However, it was incredibly well organized and had more than couple of cool items, including a "rare books" room.

I wound up not buying anything because I've been feeling guilty about my current lack of reading, but these were some of the cool finds there:
                    • hardcover editions (I'm assuming first editions because of being in the "rare book" room, not sure if signed or not) of
                      • Mine by Robert McCammon
                      • Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
                      • Books of Blood by Clive Barker
                    • Arkham House edition of Lovecraft's 3 Tales of Horror
                    • Signed and inscribed The Ax by Donald E. Westlake
                    • The incredibly oversized doorstop of an Easton Press edition of Poe's The Raven
                    • a very nice paperback edition of Jim Thompson's The Killer Inside Me
                    Afterwards, we got a really nice lunch at local spot and then browsed some of the prohibitively expensive shops around there. Overall, a good time was had.

http://bartsbooksojai.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                      The wife and I took the 2+ hour drive on Wednesday to check out Bart's Books. Located in Ojai, California, it is the touted as the world's largest outdoor bookstore and I have to say it was pretty impressive. They had very large sections of philosophy, poetry, biographies and autobiographies, and, of course, fiction. I will say that I am always dismayed when I go to a bookstore, especially larger ones, and they don't have a dedicated horror section (yet somehow horror and fantasy always warrant their own) and Bart's was no exception. However, it was incredibly well organized and had more than couple of cool items, including a "rare books" room.

I wound up not buying anything because I've been feeling guilty about my current lack of reading, but these were some of the cool finds there:
                      • hardcover editions (I'm assuming first editions because of being in the "rare book" room, not sure if signed or not) of
                        • Mine by Robert McCammon
                        • Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
                        • Books of Blood by Clive Barker
                      • Arkham House edition of Lovecraft's 3 Tales of Horror
                      • Signed and inscribed The Ax by Donald E. Westlake
                      • The incredibly oversized doorstop of an Easton Press edition of Poe's The Raven
                      • a very nice paperback edition of Jim Thompson's The Killer Inside Me
                      Afterwards, we got a really nice lunch at local spot and then browsed some of the prohibitively expensive shops around there. Overall, a good time was had.

http://bartsbooksojai.com/
                      That looks like a GREAT place!
                      http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X