Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Cha-ching. Sounds like a fantastic day. Congrats.


    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Just received three shipping notices unexpectedly, which always makes for a nice day! Can't wait to get my hands on these!

    Centipede- John McPartland-Tokyo Doll (They currently have unsigned copies for $20 which was the right price point for me to take a chance as I've never heard of the author or book, but it does sound fun)

    Triana Website-Kristopher Triana- The Old Lady Hardback LE (Am A Huge Triana Fan and was stoked to see this announced last week, that it's already shipping makes me very happy, the description sounds great- like something Ketchum would write)

    SubPress- Joe Lansdale- Senior Girls Bayonet LE Story Collection (Glad to see this shipping, ordered lasty July, a new Lansdale collection is always a reason to celebrate!)
     
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

    Comment


      Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
      Just received three shipping notices unexpectedly, which always makes for a nice day! Can't wait to get my hands on these!

      Centipede- John McPartland-Tokyo Doll (They currently have unsigned copies for $20 which was the right price point for me to take a chance as I've never heard of the author or book, but it does sound fun)

      Triana Website-Kristopher Triana- The Old Lady Hardback LE (Am A Huge Triana Fan and was stoked to see this announced last week, that it's already shipping makes me very happy, the description sounds great- like something Ketchum would write)

      SubPress- Joe Lansdale- Senior Girls Bayonet LE Story Collection (Glad to see this shipping, ordered lasty July, a new Lansdale collection is always a reason to celebrate!)
      Appreciate the heads up on the Centipede sale item(s), any time you can pick up 2 Centipede titles for less than $50 is a phenomenal day!

      Comment


        Originally posted by Chuggers View Post

        Appreciate the heads up on the Centipede sale item(s), any time you can pick up 2 Centipede titles for less than $50 is a phenomenal day!
        Glad you were able to snag some things! I noticed this morning that Jared increased the price on his remaining unsigned copies of Tokyo Doll from $20 to $30; so, the deal feels even better!

        Comment


          Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

          Glad you were able to snag some things! I noticed this morning that Jared increased the price on his remaining unsigned copies of Tokyo Doll from $20 to $30; so, the deal feels even better!
          Me too, i was confused at first because I'm still seeing Tokyo Doll at $55 but If you look under the random titles sometimes listed in the John Pelan collection, Tokyo Doll looks like it's still $20 and the other one I picked up,  The Machine in Ward Eleven is $22 
           

          Comment


            Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

            Glad you were able to snag some things! I noticed this morning that Jared increased the price on his remaining unsigned copies of Tokyo Doll from $20 to $30; so, the deal feels even better!
            $20 is a smoking deal and even $30 is pretty darn good. TOKYO DOLL has been listed on that page for a while now, along with WARD ELEVEN and the THE DIRECTOR SHOULD HAVE SHOT YOU.  All are at great prices and I'm surprised they've lasted that long.  Maybe people don't browse the page very often?  If not, I highly recommend it as there are some great deals sometimes.  I'm still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on the deluxe oversized FAFHRD books he had on there at one point.  The first three volumes for $900 with rights to future volumes.  I can't find a copy of an unsigned Volume 1 for under $300!

            Comment


              Was at my local Half Price books this weekend and scored a couple cool books for $15.00 each, the Dark Harvest editions of Shadowfires & The Key to Midnight by Leigh Nicholls (Dean R Koontz). Was surprised to find these, especially in such great condition. The only (small) issue that I could find with each book was some discoloring of the paper from age. Have never read either title, but I was always a fan of early Koontz and have decent hopes for them. Have also always loved Dark Harvest books and miss them as a publisher. Even with their trade editions, they always seem to have great cover-art, as well as some interior illustrations, which you rarely get in trade editions anymore.

              Comment


                Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                Was at my local Half Price books this weekend and scored a couple cool books for $15.00 each, the Dark Harvest editions of Shadowfires & The Key to Midnight by Leigh Nicholls (Dean R Koontz). Was surprised to find these, especially in such great condition. The only (small) issue that I could find with each book was some discoloring of the paper from age. Have never read either title, but I was always a fan of early Koontz and have decent hopes for them. Have also always loved Dark Harvest books and miss them as a publisher. Even with their trade editions, they always seem to have great cover-art, as well as some interior illustrations, which you rarely get in trade editions anymore.
                Dark Harvest was my gateway drug to the small-press scene in the late ‘80s, so I’ve always had a soft spot for them. I don’t have all their titles, but I have many, if not most. The NIGHT VISIONS titles in particular are incredibly important to me and, I think, the development of genre publishing.

                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

                Comment


                  Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

                  Dark Harvest was my gateway drug to the small-press scene in the late ‘80s, so I’ve always had a soft spot for them. I don’t have all their titles, but I have many, if not most. The NIGHT VISIONS titles in particular are incredibly important to me and, I think, the development of genre publishing.
                  I love the Night Vision series! I've only got a few and have always hoped to track down the others at some point.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

                    Dark Harvest was my gateway drug to the small-press scene in the late ‘80s, so I’ve always had a soft spot for them. I don’t have all their titles, but I have many, if not most. The NIGHT VISIONS titles in particular are incredibly important to me and, I think, the development of genre publishing.
                    My local library has most of the Night Visions series, so last year I started reading my way through several of them. So far I've read 4, 5 and 8. I love how they structured the collections, allowing the authors to do their own thing. Also they include some amazing Intros and Afterwords!

                    Comment


                      My collecting goal is to one of these days upgrade my full run of Dark Harvest’s trade HCs of the NIGHT VISIONS series to their signed & numbered editions. Someday.
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

                      Comment


                        I have a signed copy of the first night visions but that's it.

                        Comment


                          Anyone wondering when this forum will disappear from the site?
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                            Anyone wondering when this forum will disappear from the site?
                             Why are you wondering that, if I may ask?
                            http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                              Anyone wondering when this forum will disappear from the site?
                              A little bit.


                              Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post

                              Why are you wondering that, if I may ask?
                              Sticking to facts and not feelings.

                              It's no secret that CD has had, let's say some issues, publishing product that they've collected money from buyers YEARS ago. I just had a pre-order arrive from over six years ago, and that's not the longest time between order and receipt other collectors have experienced. Meanwhile, other boutique publishers don't have their orders languish for years like this.

                              This week, CD just cancelled a number of publishing contracts with authors. I don't know the exact reasons, just hyperbole.

                              Feelings time.

                              Where there's smoke there's fire.

                              Comment


                                I like this community . . . $15/month to have a cloud hosted version of vBulletin with fairly limited traffic. Or $180 and I self-host it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X