No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received the Halloween Card from Deena yesterday. As always it's a treat to receive one of these.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

At last I finally managed to claim a Stephen King signature. It was the most I ever spent on a book but still fairly cheap. I got dark dreamers Underwood Miller edition.

Comment

Congrats! That is fantastic.

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
        At last I finally managed to claim a Stephen King signature. It was the most I ever spent on a book but still fairly cheap. I got dark dreamers Underwood Miller edition.

Comment

Congrats...but have you received the book yet to confirm? I only ask because there are two versions of that volume...due to a sig sheet issue, around half (third?) of the run has only one sig sheet (instead of the standard two) and that included sig sheet does not have King's signature (it's the other sheet), and some sellers are not careful (or knowledgeable) enough to check. As such, the one-page sig sheet edition goes for less than the two-page sig sheet edition...so if it was "fairly cheap" then it may be the one-sheet edition that does not include King's sig. All that said, I love that book...I wore out the tpb version I had, so had to get the S/L HC. (mine has the two sig sheets, btw).
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Congrats...but have you received the book yet to confirm? I only ask because there are two versions of that volume...due to a sig sheet issue, around half (third?) of the run has only one sig sheet (instead of the standard two) and that included sig sheet does not have King's signature (it's the other sheet), and some sellers are not careful (or knowledgeable) enough to check. As such, the one-page sig sheet edition goes for less than the two-page sig sheet edition...so if it was "fairly cheap" then it may be the one-sheet edition that does not include King's sig. All that said, I love that book...I wore out the tpb version I had, so had to get the S/L HC. (mine has the two sig sheets, btw).
            It arrived yesterday and has both Sig Sheets. It's number 125. Got it for $140 plus shipping. Seemed to be a pretty good deal.

Comment

It arrived yesterday and has both Sig Sheets. It's number 125. Got it for $140 plus shipping. Seemed to be a pretty good deal.
              Glad you got the good/complete one — and, holy smokes, that’s an absolutely incredible deal…congrats!
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                  Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.
                  Happy thanksgiving!

Comment

Happy Turkey Day!

Comment

Anyone loading up on Black Friday sales? Seems like there have been some decent ones but I've only bought one book. I was tempted to buy The Store at 50% off from CD but actually couldn't find it on the site. So I assumed I missed it.

Also saw Century Press had some dinged copies of The Great Gasby at (I think) 50% off as well. Thought about buying that for my daughter. Personally don't care for the story but thought she may dig it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                        Anyone loading up on Black Friday sales? Seems like there have been some decent ones but I've only bought one book. I was tempted to buy The Store at 50% off from CD but actually couldn't find it on the site. So I assumed I missed it.

Also saw Century Press had some dinged copies of The Great Gasby at (I think) 50% off as well. Thought about buying that for my daughter. Personally don't care for the story but thought she may dig it.
                        I bought a copy of The Tailchaser's Song, from Grim Oak Press during the bumped nad dinged sale. That's it so far.

Comment

Dang! Wish I would have seen that one. Congrats to you.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                          I bought a copy of The Tailchaser's Song, from Grim Oak Press during the bumped nad dinged sale. That's it so far.

Comment

I passed on all the different Grim Oak books. I have two of their titles and they are quite nice, but I'm not a big fantasy guy and when I am I tend to be a used paperback kinda guy.

Comment

I got a "damaged" $10 copy of Hummingbird Salamander by Jeff VanderMeer a day before the Grim Oak BF sale....didn't jump on anything else once the sale was live....

Comment

This looks interesting to me. I went ahead and ordered a copy from Camelot. I think Tartarus does a great job.

https://camelotbooks.com/literary-hauntings.html

Comment

Working...
                                X