Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    It's always great to stumble upon something you've been looking for.

Yesterday, I was half joking with a friend of mine that I should enlist his assistance in tracking down a handful of missing comic covers that David Petersen did. He did four covers to a series from Boom called The Muppets Snow White, and I have #1, and #4, but #2 and #3 never seem to come up on eBay. In fact, I've only seen #2 and it was stupid priced. Amazon had them (I never think about looking at Amazon) but they were priced quite a bit more than I thought they were worth. Well, my friend finds a set of the four issues, for $10, and while only three of them were David Petersen, they included the two issues I was missing.

Now if I can only track down that missing print and that damn shield . . .

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Good job!

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    That sounds like a nice win, congratulations!
    That is is a good way of putting it Martin. I was really surprised when this reader's copy just popped up. I'd be very surprised if this happens with the other 2 or 3 scarce titles. BTW, I'm really enjoying Snow Upon The Desert, over halfway through the book now.

Cap

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Congrats, Cap — glad you were able to save a few bucks *and* get a book you really want...win-win.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    CLEARY10
    Save 10% on any order. This code is what worked (Thanks Ron!), I only ordered one book. The book I ordered is one of the scarce titles by British author J Russell Warren and I've previously only seen it selling for over $300 and I could not pay that much for one book by this author no matter how much I love his books. The copy I got was under $30 and what I would call a good reading copy.

Cap
    That sounds like a nice win, congratulations!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X