Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Thanks for the heads up. I had never heard of this store before. I checked out her address and I am familiar with the strip mall she is in. I have driven by it several times. It is primarily populated by Mexican markets so I do not even bother to look. I will definitely get in there when she is able to open to the public again. I am also impressed with her website, easy to search and navigate. I will absolutely be sending some business her way. Joined her email list and added her to my Instagram and Twitter follows. Thanks for the tip!
    Fantastic — enjoy, and let me know what you think of it when you finally visit...I might have to pop in myself on my next trip down.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Fantastic — enjoy, and let me know what you think of it when you finally visit...I might have to pop in myself on my next trip down.
      I will let you know. The space she is in is pretty tight. Her only being open by appointment only makes perfect sense and I will not waster her time to browse. I have a classic horror novel that I have been jonesing for a re-read. I believe my copy never returned from a loan out and it is now out of print. The cheapest I can find a quality used copy runs over $100 delivered. I think I am going to email her and see if she can find it for a comparable or lower price. If she finds that I will go pick it up. I will let you know how her service is.

Comment

This happened yesterday...Person ran a red light and -it appears- totaled our less than a year old car. Everyone was okay but we are both very sore and tired today.

KIMG0309.jpeg
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
          This happened yesterday...Person ran a red light and -it appears- totaled our less than a year old car. Everyone was okay but we are both very sore and tired today.

KIMG0309.jpeg
          Sorry to hear about the accident but glad to hear no serious injuries.

Comment

Thank you. Seat-belts on and airbags deployed. First time I've experienced side air-bags.

Comment

Thank you. Seat-belts on and airbags deployed. First time I've experienced side air-bags.
              Doesn't take much to total a car these days. Wow! Glad everyone is ok as well. Bright side, you win a new car! I'd spring for the Camaro ZL1

Comment

Had a friend several years ago get rear ended while he was at read light. The car that hot him never even braked. Airbags deployed and he was sore but no real harm done. The loaner car they gave him was a Camry. I happened to own a Camry at the time. His first day leaving work with the loaner he tossed his laptop on the passenger seat. A light on the dash said "Passenger Airbag Off". He panicked and called me since he had just been saved serious injury from airbags. The airbag detonator did burn the sleeve on his jacket but he was very glad he had airbags in that accident.

Comment

Very sorry to hear of the accident, but glad to hear only the car was hurt!
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

No it doesn't. Purchase prices don't reflect it but it seems cars are more and more disposable these days. The insurance company wants nothing to do with fixing the car and they are much more interested in a cash offer.

We have asked for them to send out an adjuster, which they didn't want to do, before we make a decision.

The officer that came out to the scene said most insurances consider a car "totaled" once the airbags are deployed...Sounded odd to me however the insurance agent basically said the same thing.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Doesn't take much to total a car these days. Wow! Glad everyone is ok as well. Bright side, you win a new car! I'd spring for the Camaro ZL1

Comment

That is essentially what happened to my wife over 20 years ago however the outcome was not as good. She got to ride in a helicopter and has had issues ever since. Glad your friend was okay.

Had a friend several years ago get rear ended while he was at read light. The car that hot him never even braked. Airbags deployed and he was sore but no real harm done. The loaner car they gave him was a Camry. I happened to own a Camry at the time. His first day leaving work with the loaner he tossed his laptop on the passenger seat. A light on the dash said "Passenger Airbag Off". He panicked and called me since he had just been saved serious injury from airbags. The airbag detonator did burn the sleeve on his jacket but he was very glad he had airbags in that accident.

Comment

That is essentially what happened to my wife over 20 years ago however the outcome was not as good. She got to ride in a helicopter and has had issues ever since. Glad your friend was okay.

He knew at the time how lucky he was. He was pushed into the car ahead of him pretty hard and his car had front end damage. His trunk was essentially gone. He went and got checked out to ensure he did not have an injury that would manifest in the future. He was sore for a while but nothing that lasted. I think lasting injuries like what your wife has are more common than we realize. I hope if your wife was in the car this time it did not aggravate or worsen prior issues, both physically or mentally.

Comment

Sometimes life is an ordeal? Maybe I should start by saying sometimes life throws you a curve ball. I like that better. As I suspected I had it confirmed yesterday I have a hamstring injury. It may be minor, not sure yet. My doctor told me this type of injury can take six weeks to heal. I am tentatively planning on going for physical therapy and massages - - That's per my doctor. I hope I can go to Mariposa rather than Merced. Merced is a two hour drive each way.
                          At least I finally got the Real ID process done on Tuesday. Now I just wait for it to arrive in my mailbox.

Cap
                          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                            Sometimes life is an ordeal? Maybe I should start by saying sometimes life throws you a curve ball. I like that better. As I suspected I had it confirmed yesterday I have a hamstring injury. It may be minor, not sure yet. My doctor told me this type of injury can take six weeks to heal. I am tentatively planning on going for physical therapy and massages - - That's per my doctor. I hope I can go to Mariposa rather than Merced. Merced is a two hour drive each way.
                            At least I finally got the Real ID process done on Tuesday. Now I just wait for it to arrive in my mailbox.

Cap
                            Do the physical therapy! They should be able to work it where you do most of it at home and just have to back for checks and adjustments maybe weekly. Hamstrings are slow heals but hopefully yours is on the quicker end.

Comment

Hi everyone, I haven’t visited these forums in a very long time. I see some familiar names that I’ve missed. Hope everyone is doing well, all things considered these days.
                              - Patrick

Comment

Do the physical therapy! They should be able to work it where you do most of it at home and just have to back for checks and adjustments maybe weekly. Hamstrings are slow heals but hopefully yours is on the quicker end.
                                I go to physical therapy Tuesday afternoon. Physical therapy can not be done here, although it was offered at the clinic here approx. 15 years ago. I suspect my hamstring injury is minor, I'll learn more tomorrow. Cap
                                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X