Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a link to a SK contest from Simon & Schuster.:

https://www.simonandschuster.com/p/stephen-king-books

It's not my cup of tea but I hope someone here wins it.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      Here is a link to a SK contest from Simon & Schuster.:

https://www.simonandschuster.com/p/stephen-king-books

It's not my cup of tea but I hope someone here wins it.
      I completely agree with you. That contest does not interest me at all. ~Cap
      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Well, we are shut down again in Yosemite. This time for at least three weeks. When we were shut down earlier this year the shut down lasted three months. Today, I had the last bit of maintenance done on my car. My car is great and to keep it sound for another 4 1/2 years at least it just needed a little attention-Nothing major. I am sure glad I had been planning ahead this last month and that with the help of our unit manager I was able to keep my EDD unemployment up to date. I'll be using this free time right away to draw nearer completion of one important goal.

Cap (Steve)
        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Best of luck to you. Not sure why camping can't be considered safe or made to include social distancing guidelines. I don't want to start a big thing here but I find it nuts that "stay at home" orders impact outdoor activities that can easily be done without breaking social distancing and safety.

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
          Well, we are shut down again in Yosemite. This time for at least three weeks. When we were shut down earlier this year the shut down lasted three months. Today, I had the last bit of maintenance done on my car. My car is great and to keep it sound for another 4 1/2 years at least it just needed a little attention-Nothing major. I am sure glad I had been planning ahead this last month and that with the help of our unit manager I was able to keep my EDD unemployment up to date. I'll be using this free time right away to draw nearer completion of one important goal.

Cap (Steve)

Comment

No matter how many books show up, the books on order list never seems to get any shorter...

Books_on_order_120820.JPG

Comment

It's Magic!!

Comment

I will miss my proof collecting friend.

He was a wonderful person to talk to on multiple boards. His knowledge of SK was deep and his passion for collecting was contagious.The SK collecting world lost a true gentleman.

May you rest in peace Mr. Hanic.

I hope, wherever you may be, that you bump into Charles Schulz and you strike up a wonderful friendship.
                Last edited by Ben Staad; 12-12-2020, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Congrats!

We are beginning to look for a dog to adopt from a local rescue here. I'm still not 100% sure about a new dog (we lost Olive at the end of March for those that don't recall - she was my little black dog that I had for almost 12 and a half years and meant THE WORLD to me.)

On Friday, we had the phone interview, and in lieu of an on-site visit, I sent them 30 pictures of our apartment, grounds, surrounding areas.

There are a few dogs we are looking at, so fingers crossed.

Adopted a shelter dog today. Seems like a real sweetheart.
                  Scooter:

Comment

I will miss my proof collecting friend.

He was a wonderful person to talk to on multiple boards. His knowledge of SK was deep and his passion for collecting was contagious.The SK collecting world lost a true gentleman.

May you rest in peace Mr. Hanic.

I hope, wherever you may be, that you bump into Charles Schulz and you strike up a wonderful friendship.
                    Just return from vacation and just now seeing this. John was a great guy. R.I.P.

Comment

Adopted a shelter dog today. Seems like a real sweetheart.

Scooter:

Congrats on the new friend! We've had our shelter dog just over a year now and can't image life without him. I'm just ready for him to mature a bit

Comment

Gah. I am the worst at pointing and clicking. Anyway here is Scooter doing what she does when I'm looking at her...Now the second and millisecond I look away she is being a handful.

Attached Files

Comment

RIP Mr. Pride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRIRTQ_k-Sg

Comment

Gah. I am the worst at pointing and clicking. Anyway here is Scooter doing what she does when I'm looking at her...Now the second and millisecond I look away she is being a handful.
                            Looks like she has some big paws to grow into

Comment

That is what I am thinking as well. The shelter didn't think she would get much bigger but my guess is that they are wrong.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Looks like she has some big paws to grow into

Comment

That is what I am thinking as well. The shelter didn't think she would get much bigger but my guess is that they are wrong.
                                Everyone I know whose shelter pup turned into Clifford the Big Red Dog was told "Oh, it won't get much bigger than a Yorkie, really!"

Comment

Working...
                                X