• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Yep. With such a blurry photo I am surprised it was spotted. LOL

Good eyes!

It stood out due to a dude's obsession with them over on TDT lol.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Yep. With such a blurry photo I am surprised it was spotted. LOL

Good eyes!

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Do I spy a The Mist snow globe?

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Sorry to hear that you, and I'm assuming many others, lost their credits. What a raw deal. Sometimes things just stink.
    Things happen and you just try to take them in stride.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Emergency overflow bookcase, procured and assembled, with an empty shelf.

I couldn't stand my books stacking up, but didn't have the money for a what I wanted, so I bought this little guy from the local Dollar General. Looks okay and is actually very sturdy.

*I still cannot take a photo to save my life.*
    Do I spy a The Mist snow globe?

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Sorry to hear that you, and I'm assuming many others, lost their credits. What a raw deal. Sometimes things just stink.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Yes and Yes. The upshot was I lost about $200.00 in store credit. I wasn't alone. That was very disappointing, given that I'd known the people who owned the store for years. I guess there were mitigating circumstances, the husband had passed away a few years ago and I think the wife was just ready to be done with the business. I'd gotten lots of great things from them over 20 years, but it was a sour note to end our relationship.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    The store closing sounded very abrupt and the story is a little confusing.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

One of my longtime favorites closed a couple of years ago https://www.styleweekly.com/richmond...nt?oid=6923429

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Sadly my favorite little store, which did trades, will be closing in the near future.

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2020/...rs/6413011002/

One of my longtime favorites closed a couple of years ago https://www.styleweekly.com/richmond...nt?oid=6923429

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I've seen a few over the last few months but they have been dogs. Particle board with the laminate peeling off of them. What I really really want is a full set of billy like bookcases with some being open and some with the old school flip up glass doors.

I have been pretty luck, especially with Bookcases. As far as books, I rarely find "collectibles" but I often find good readable books, that I often trade at bookstores. Every area is different that's for sure and thrift stores have really changed since they have become in vogue.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Sadly my favorite little store, which did trades, will be closing in the near future.

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2020/...rs/6413011002/

I have been pretty luck, especially with Bookcases. As far as books, I rarely find "collectibles" but I often find good readable books, that I often trade at bookstores. Every area is different that's for sure and thrift stores have really changed since they have become in vogue.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Thanks for the tip. I do occasionally go through our local places but I'm convinced people don't read here or they only read Harlequins and the Bible*.

I think the main issue, in my area, is that there are so many "antique" places that are actually empty of antiques but full of recycled/upcycled items. Someone thinks that if they snag an old piece of wood furniture, slap a distressed white paint job on it, it then becomes a pricey antique.

EDIT: *I forgot to mention Grisham books. Shelves are slammed full of those things.
    You just perfectly described every antique store within 50 miles of me.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Thanks for the tip. I do occasionally go through our local places but I'm convinced people don't read here or they only read Harlequins and the Bible*.

I think the main issue, in my area, is that there are so many "antique" places that are actually empty of antiques but full of recycled/upcycled items. Someone thinks that if they snag an old piece of wood furniture, slap a distressed white paint job on it, it then becomes a pricey antique.

EDIT: *I forgot to mention Grisham books. Shelves are slammed full of those things.

Just a suggestion Ben, I walk through a few thrift stores every week looking for books and bookcases. I've done pretty well over the years......

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied

I couldn't stand my books stacking up, but didn't have the money for a what I wanted, so I bought this little guy from the local Dollar General. Looks okay and is actually very sturdy.

Just a suggestion Ben, I walk through a few thrift stores every week looking for books and bookcases. I've done pretty well over the years......

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X