Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    And see, I've always been told that Swan Song was the Bee's Knees.
    Most people seem to love it. I'd probably agree more with the three-star reviews on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...ews-filter-bar

Comment

I really like both Boys Life and Swan Song. I've read both multiple times over the years.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Does anyone here know where I can get a dustjacket for the hardcover of Stephen King's Joyland? I only need a dustjacket. ~Cap

-So nobody can answer my question? ~Cap
        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
          Does anyone here know where I can get a dustjacket for the hardcover of Stephen King's Joyland? I only need a dustjacket. ~Cap

-So nobody can answer my question? ~Cap
          I'd try the publisher.

Comment

I 2nd that. I couldn't see any for sale at the places I normally look.

Best of luck on your search.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            I'd try the publisher.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              I really like both Boys Life and Swan Song. I've read both multiple times over the years.
              I read both Boy's life and Swan Song and enjoyed them both although I found Boy's Life to be a little "busy". There is a lot going on in that story. If I can throw a little love towards Dan Simmons, I really enjoyed Summer of Night as well, maybe the most.

Comment

I loved Swan Song for the first half. Then it fell apart badly for me. Whenever the time jump happened. I haven't tried reading any of his other stuff even though I know I bought a few e-books.

Comment

FWIW, I love Boy's Life. I haven't read Swan Song yet. I actually have several McCammons I need catching up on...

Comment

I don't like the historical stuff that he writes but I would also recommend The Five.

Originally posted by khaos View Post
                    I loved Swan Song for the first half. Then it fell apart badly for me. Whenever the time jump happened. I haven't tried reading any of his other stuff even though I know I bought a few e-books.

Comment

I saw that David Wong had a new book coming out titled Zoey Punches the Future in the Dick. And so I immediately set about pre-ordering it only to discover that it's a sequel to the Wong book that I've been meaning to read but haven't read yet Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits. So I immediately set about ordering that one from Amazon in hardcover for just $13. I got it yesterday. It came in a bag. A f**king bag. And the top and bottom edges of the spine were pushed in a little and the dust jacket is wrinkled and bent at those same spots and I thought "That's what you get for buying from some random asshat on Amazon and not going to a store to actually select a fine copy yourself, asshat."

Anyway, I'm hoping someone does more limited editions of Wong's work. My John Dies at the End is lonely on the shelf. Sure, he's with a couple trade editions but they run with different cliques.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                        I saw that David Wong had a new book coming out titled Zoey Punches the Future in the Dick. And so I immediately set about pre-ordering it only to discover that it's a sequel to the Wong book that I've been meaning to read but haven't read yet Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits. So I immediately set about ordering that one from Amazon in hardcover for just $13. I got it yesterday. It came in a bag. A f**king bag. And the top and bottom edges of the spine were pushed in a little and the dust jacket is wrinkled and bent at those same spots and I thought "That's what you get for buying from some random asshat on Amazon and not going to a store to actually select a fine copy yourself, asshat."

Anyway, I'm hoping someone does more limited editions of Wong's work. My John Dies at the End is lonely on the shelf. Sure, he's with a couple trade editions but they run with different cliques.

Two Wongs don't make a right.

I'll show myself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                          Two Wongs don't make a right.

I'll show myself out.

Comment

I still have my CD edition of John Dies at the End sitting unread. I need to move that up on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                              I still have my CD edition of John Dies at the End sitting unread. I need to move that up on the list.
                              That is time you will never get back. (If you can't tell, I found this story a complete waste of time.)

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                That is time you will never get back. (If you can't tell, I found this story a complete waste of time.)
                                Interesting. This has been on my reading list for awhile, because I really enjoyed the campy "b" movie they made.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X