No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quality is a major issue for me as a collector. Not always the deciding factor, but one that I do consider.

But we use a lot of stock photos at work, we try to pick out ones that don't show up much that often, but sometimes its hard to find something.

Comment

I don't believe Cemetery Dance employs that practice. I think it is only a few small presses.
      http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

I imagine it would be a cost saver to just use stock photos over hiring an artist to design books covers.

Comment

Oh, I can see that. It's really about the story in the long run, right? Who cares about the bells and whistles.

I do.
          "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
            Oh, I can see that. It's really about the story in the long run, right? Who cares about the bells and whistles.

I do.
            I know as an author, I do too I want my own cover.
            http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

I do too. If I see a cover that looks cool, it makes me pick up the book to see what its about. It doesn't mean that a book with a bad or uninteresting cover is a bad book but I'm less likely to pick it up. An example is the US cover for the Passage. I don't think it really captures what the book is about but I'm glad I read because it was great. The UK cover stands out a little bit more but again, doesn't really give the reader an idea what the book is about just by looking at the cover.

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                I know as an author, I do too I want my own cover.
                '

And rightly so CW

Comment

Ah crap. Back at work, so much shit to do...

Need to really close the forum and get started with catching up on all the emails and stuff I have... Yeah...

Comment

I feel the same way. I'm currently editing my Zombie story and writing a chilling tale about a deranged cat lady. Then there's this addiction pulling me away from my work. Pete, you're not alone.

Comment

I would love to toss my day job and write full time. Maybe one day...

Comment

Oh, it would be so nice, Pete. But first I have to write consistently part-time. That's where the lottery win would be very welcome.
                        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Tim Lebbon wrote the official movie novelization of The Cabin in the Woods. I guess you have to pay the bills somehow...might be worth reading.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Id like to see that, maybe Ill have a chance to this week.

Comment

Might be going with mama bear tonight if she doesn't have to watch my nephews. If not I may see if at the drive in next weekend if its still playing and it doesn't rain...but its playing with hunger games which I have no interest in seeing.

Comment

The movie would be awesome at a drive-in. hell, any movie would be! Last movie I saw at a driver-in was Grindhouse.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X