Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mhatchett
    replied
    you might find some interesting Authors on this site. Bob Leman has a nice write up.
    http://desturmobed.blogspot.com/sear...&max-results=7

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

I had some pretty good shots of the kids bikes and the abandoned restaurant prop. I also had crew working and some giant fans on the backs of semis that I am pretty sure they never had to use. It is windy up there about 360 days a year. I may still stumble upon them but I suspect they are gone.
    I know all about the wind lol

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Still pretty cool looking. I can only image how good the original looked.
    I had some pretty good shots of the kids bikes and the abandoned restaurant prop. I also had crew working and some giant fans on the backs of semis that I am pretty sure they never had to use. It is windy up there about 360 days a year. I may still stumble upon them but I suspect they are gone.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Still pretty cool looking. I can only image how good the original looked.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

Sounds good. Looking forward to it.
    I believe this is the only remaining photo from the set of Goonies and it is a scan of a weathered print.
    Goonies.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied

Many are lost and most that remain are on ektachrome slides. I am planning to have the slides converted to digital at some point and I can share them at that time. The bad news is that the slides from the time I stumbled on the filming of Goonies appear to be lost. Boy, I wish I still had those. I also still have a pretty good collection of Cokin slides. Once I get an adapter to allow them to fit the current camera I will get more creative.

I do have a personal website. it is currently fully dedicated to my wife. At some point I will probably start sharing both old and new photos there.
    Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

I'd love to see them if you have a way of sharing.
    Many are lost and most that remain are on ektachrome slides. I am planning to have the slides converted to digital at some point and I can share them at that time. The bad news is that the slides from the time I stumbled on the filming of Goonies appear to be lost. Boy, I wish I still had those. I also still have a pretty good collection of Cokin slides. Once I get an adapter to allow them to fit the current camera I will get more creative.

I do have a personal website. it is currently fully dedicated to my wife. At some point I will probably start sharing both old and new photos there.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied

I took some spectacular photos back in the late 70s early 80s. The plan is to get back to what I did then. I am not even close at this point.
    I'd love to see them if you have a way of sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

All Greek to me but I'll still be here owwwing and ahhhing. Not a creative gene in my body. So I'm left to bask in the glow of others.
    I took some spectacular photos back in the late 70s early 80s. The plan is to get back to what I did then. I am not even close at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied

I was fortunate to attend a Middle School with a color lab, of course my high school only had black and white. It one time I was proficient at both color and black and white film developing. I had a good understanding push processing Ektachrome as well as shutter priority vs aperture priority.

At this point I basically know "point and shoot" and the processing and developing is all done via Adobe. I am re-acquainting myself with different techniques of taking pictures and once I have that down I will purchase Adobe and begin learning that side of things.
    All Greek to me but I'll still be here owwwing and ahhhing. Not a creative gene in my body. So I'm left to bask in the glow of others.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

That's awesome. I have a great appreciation for photography done well. It's always been more to my liking vs paintings and whatnot.
    I was fortunate to attend a Middle School with a color lab, of course my high school only had black and white. It one time I was proficient at both color and black and white film developing. I had a good understanding push processing Ektachrome as well as shutter priority vs aperture priority.

At this point I basically know "point and shoot" and the processing and developing is all done via Adobe. I am re-acquainting myself with different techniques of taking pictures and once I have that down I will purchase Adobe and begin learning that side of things.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied

Thanks. I am trying to get back into photography so I plan on taking several trips this summer and taking lots of pictures. I used to be a pretty good photographer but between what I have forgotten and the photo technology changing to digital I am almost starting from scratch.
    That's awesome. I have a great appreciation for photography done well. It's always been more to my liking vs paintings and whatnot.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Nice!
    Thanks. I am trying to get back into photography so I plan on taking several trips this summer and taking lots of pictures. I used to be a pretty good photographer but between what I have forgotten and the photo technology changing to digital I am almost starting from scratch.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Nice!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Thank you guys. I will probably venture over to White River Falls soon. More pictures to come.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X