Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    When I blow my budget for the year and I’m four hours deep into my wife’s interrogation and she thinks I’m about to crack, I’m going look her coolly in the eye, slide my phone across the table, pointing to this post and say “Because you always buy the book.”
    It might be easier to show her your new “Because you always buy the book.” tattoo, which she can reference in the future.

Comment

I do have a budget, but my phrasing might have made it sound more impressive than it actually is. “Budget” could also be code for “guidelines so I don’t wind up sleeping on the couch”.

We did the home remodeling thing a few years back, which is stressful and fun in equal measures. Good luck with it! Hopefully there are some bookshelves in those plans!
      Thanks! I have plans for a library in a spare room at some point. It's not on the priority list of the project superintendent (wife) so it'll be years before it comes to pass. Thank God my son-in-law is handy. The savings in labor cost alone is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        It might be easier to show her your new “Because you always buy the book.” tattoo, which she can reference in the future.
        Lower back tattoo, I'm assuming.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          Lower back tattoo, I'm assuming.
          Book tramp?
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            Book tramp?
            Yep. Black ink. Really fancy calligraphy. You know, something that screams "I GOT CLASS!"

Comment

Yep. Black ink. Really fancy calligraphy. You know, something that screams "I GOT CLASS!"
              The problem will be the illiterate tattoo artist, who will write it as "Because you always by the book", and then you'll be an Internet meme forever after.

Comment

Well, of course. You don’t want it to sully a sophisticated outfit like a pair of low-rise jeans, crop top and bellybutton ring...

Comment

Well, of course. You don’t want it to sully a sophisticated outfit like a pair of low-rise jeans, crop top and bellybutton ring...
                  THAT's a tattoo that forces you to plan your wardrobe around it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                    The problem will be the illiterate tattoo artist, who will write it as "Because you always by the book", and then you'll be an Internet meme forever after.
                    No ragrets.

Comment

I have just spent the most I have ever spent on a single book purchase. I wonder if that was a good or bad thing? At least it was a 2 book set.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
                        I have just spent the most I have ever spent on a single book purchase. I wonder if that was a good or bad thing? At least it was a 2 book set.
                        What was it? Curious minds want to know...

Comment

Yeah, you can't tease like that . . .

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post

Comment

Gauntlet Beardless Warriors and Brothers in Arms S/L set. No slipcase. Been wanting to order it for a while and decided to pull the trigger.

Comment

Ah, yes. I think I have that one on pre-order reservation, too...really looking forward to it.

Comment

I have the single volume on preorder. The SL was out of my price range when I ordered it. Perhaps I should upgrade ...

Actually I have an unsigned two volume edition on order. Thinking I should try for the signed one.
                                Last edited by TacomaDiver; 02-26-2018, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X