Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Just a heads up, Jerad is opening up the subscription plan for anyone that's interested.
    I’m considering joining. They have so many upcoming books that I want that taking advantage of the subscription might make sense. Aside from CD, Centipede is the other publisher whose offerings lineup with my personal tastes the most.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
      Nice....a fellow F1 fan!!!!!
      Yes, I've been watching F1 since the the '70s! I missed most of the '90s, because when I moved to the US my cable company didn't have F1 at all.

Last year I read Damon Hill's book, Jenson Button's book, and a book on F1 by Ross Brawn called Total Competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
        Yes, I've been watching F1 since the the '70s! I missed most of the '90s, because when I moved to the US my cable company didn't have F1 at all.

Last year I read Damon Hill's book, Jenson Button's book, and a book on F1 by Ross Brawn called Total Competition.
        F1 is much bigger here in Canada. It's always been on TV (even before cable/sat TV). Watched it with my Dad growing up in the late 70s, and early 80s, and pretty much as many races as I can - the early morning start times (afternoon in Europe) make it kind of convenient. Thinking of heading to Montreal for the race this summer actually (closest race to me since they scrapped Indianapolis). A guy I play hockey with went to the Belgian GP last year.

Comment

F1 is much bigger here in Canada. It's always been on TV (even before cable/sat TV). Watched it with my Dad growing up in the late 70s, and early 80s, and pretty much as many races as I can - the early morning start times (afternoon in Europe) make it kind of convenient. Thinking of heading to Montreal for the race this summer actually (closest race to me since they scrapped Indianapolis). A guy I play hockey with went to the Belgian GP last year.
          I've been to the Indy race, but haven't gone since. I'd rather go to Montreal than Austin, TX...Montreal isn't a bad drive from here at all. There's not much traffic once you get past the NJ/NY state line.

I used to hang out on the Ferrari Fchat forums, and a guy on there invited me to Monaco to watch the race from his yacht in the harbor! Sounded great, but I wasn't spending that much for a solo vacation - my wife would have killed me

Comment

Montreal for me is about 8 hour drive. I wish Detroit would get an F1 race again!

Comment

Montreal for me is about 8 hour drive. I wish Detroit would get an F1 race again!
              It's around 7 hours for me. I've driven up to Montreal and Niagara Falls a few times. It's an easy drive from here, compared to driving anywhere on I-95.

Comment

Here's a random question.

I am heading to NYC in a couple of weeks. I intend to spend some time in bookshops while I'm there. I'm already planning to go to Argosy to look at old books, but does anyone have any recommendations for good bookstores in Manhattan?

Comment

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post

I am heading to NYC in a couple of weeks. I intend to spend some time in bookshops while I'm there. I'm already planning to go to Argosy to look at old books, but does anyone have any recommendations for good bookstores in Manhattan?
                  I went to NYC several months ago for the first time, and I made a point of going to The Strand and The Mysterious Bookshop, and both more than lived up to their reputations...highly recommended.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post

If you're into SF, The Forbidden Planet, which is close to The Strand.

Here's a link with some of the best indie stores - https://www.timeout.com/newyork/shop...kstores-in-nyc

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                      I’m considering joining. They have so many upcoming books that I want that taking advantage of the subscription might make sense. Aside from CD, Centipede is the other publisher whose offerings lineup with my personal tastes the most.
                      Okay...I did it. I am now a Centipede Press Subscriber. I am looking forward to being very poor this year!

Comment

Okay...I did it. I am now a Centipede Press Subscriber. I am looking forward to being very poor this year!
                        Bam! Your going to enjoy it!

Comment

Congrats! A subscription to CP for me is a guarantee that I would die broke but extremely happy. If I could swing it and still buy from other publishers I would. I love their stuff. And matching numbers on everything!

Comment

Thanks, guys! I’m pretty excited. For some reason I’ve had a bad habit of talking myself out of buying Centipede Press books and I always regret it. I decided to fix that this year! My focus will be narrowed quite a bit to mainly Centipede and CD with MAYBE a couple Earthling or Sub Press, but the wallet isn’t infinite.

Comment

Thanks Ron and Dave,

Your advice is much appreciated and I will make sure I check them out.

Comment

Just read that Gerald Winters bookstore in Bangor got flooded. That really crappy. Tens of thousands of dollars worth of damage including original manuscripts and rare editions. I hope to hell he was well insured.

Comment

Working...
                                X