X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bugen View Post
    Happy 80th, Bilbo Baggins.

"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit."
    One of my all time favourite books. Read it many times as a kid. Have like 20 copies of it, mostly worthless PBs hahaha.

Mike: love those LPs! I recently had a bit of a disaster with some very valuable ones of mine. Bro's cat pissed on a box. I made an insurance claim and am hoping for the best... we're talking thousands of dollars in damage, and many of my favourite and very rare LPs in there. At least it was only one box though, I guess...

Comment

Just like this old article:
      king.jpg

Comment

That is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
          One of my all time favourite books. Read it many times as a kid. Have like 20 copies of it, mostly worthless PBs hahaha.

Mike: love those LPs! I recently had a bit of a disaster with some very valuable ones of mine. Bro's cat pissed on a box. I made an insurance claim and am hoping for the best... we're talking thousands of dollars in damage, and many of my favourite and very rare LPs in there. At least it was only one box though, I guess...
          Did you stuff the cat or just toss the body in the trash can?? Sorry for the loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post

Really sorry to hear this. Hope you are able to replace the loss.

Comment

The cat still lives. On the plus side she's hunting a fly that got into my house and has been irritating me. So, fair trade I guess.

Comment

The Lunarian storyline in Dick Tracy is back. I've been hoping that this would eventually happen, I'm so excited!
                http://gocomics.com/dicktracy

Cap
                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Deena Warner did a program at my Library last night called, Drawing Halloween. It was fantastic! She discussed Halloween its influence on her Life and Art. She told some great stories, including one about meeting her husband and their subsequent Halloween nuptials. She was warm, funny and engaging, all the things you want a presenter to be. I’m planning to bring her back for Halloween 2020, when we will be in our new building. She brought lots of give always, including her always popular postcards and some neat key chains. She had some artwork for sale and I purchased a cool M.R. James print. But the surprise of the evening, for me, was that Deena presented me with the signed original artwork for this year’s Halloween postcard. I was balled over, too generous!! It’s getting framed ASAP and will always to a treasured part of my Halloween collection. If you ever get a chance to see her, don’t miss it!!
                  Deena and Mike.jpg Print Plus.jpg
                  Last edited by mhatchett; 10-24-2017, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                    Deena Warner did a program at my Library last night called, Drawing Halloween. It was fantastic! She discussed Halloween its influence on her Life and Art. She told some great stories, including one about meeting her husband and their subsequent Halloween nuptials. She was warm, funny and engaging, all the things you want a presenter to be. I’m planning to bring her back for Halloween 2020, when we will be in our new building. She brought lots of give always, including her always popular postcards and some neat key chains. She had some artwork for sale and I purchased a cool M.R. James print. But the surprise of the evening, for me, was that Deena presented me with the signed original artwork for this year’s Halloween postcard. I was balled over, too generous!! It’s getting framed ASAP and will always to a treasured part of my Halloween collection. If you ever get a chance to see her, don’t miss it!!
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]20212[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]20213[/ATTACH]
                    Fantastic! I would love to meet her. I am looking forward to this years card.

Comment

That's very cool! I always look forward to receiving her postcard each year. Her art and dedication are phenomenal.

Comment

Very cool, Mike! Congrats on the art! Looking forward to the card as well.

Comment

You can take my Eva's gun when you pry it from her cold, plastic hands.

SAM_2010.jpg
                          “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                          -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                            You can take my Eva's gun when you pry it from her cold, plastic hands.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20215[/ATTACH]
                            Nice. I haven't seen that show in forever. Strange anime, but good.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                              Nice. I haven't seen that show in forever. Strange anime, but good.
                              Very true. I wonder if I would like it as much if I watched it now. Loved it as a kid.

Comment

Happy Halloween everyone!

I received my Deena Warner Halloween card yesterday. Love it as usual!

Comment

Working...
                                X