No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't speak for anyone else but I got my shipping notice today for The Thing With Feathers by Norman Prentiss. Can't wait to read it!

Comment

That's the one!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Is that from the CDCC4 by chance???? Mind you I have not got a shipping notice at all.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
          Is that from the CDCC4 by chance???? Mind you I have not got a shipping notice at all.
          It was one of those items that I think we only offered for sale to the CDCC because we had so few copies. Anything that we get less than 50 copies of, just gets offered to the CDCC. Otherwise, we'd oversell and have to cancel a bunch of orders. So it's a nice perk for the CDCC members since they get to see a lot of different items that the general list will never know we had!

Brian
          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
            It was one of those items that I think we only offered for sale to the CDCC because we had so few copies. Anything that we get less than 50 copies of, just gets offered to the CDCC. Otherwise, we'd oversell and have to cancel a bunch of orders. So it's a nice perk for the CDCC members since they get to see a lot of different items that the general list will never know we had!

Brian
            HHmmm....it's possible I just don't remember getting that notice. Oh well. No worries.

Comment

I found where I ordered it. It was a CDCC offering for a chapbook from White Noise Press. I ordered it back on 3/17.

Comment

Yes, I went back in my old emails and found the offer.

Comment

I am jealous. Wish I had the money to have ordered this from White Noise, but will have to get it from the secondary market at some point. Big fan of everything I've read of his, so I am sure that one is great as well. And if you don't like it and want to give it a new home, mine is taking donations, lol
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Just got my shipping notice for 4AM by Brian Keene. That's my read for the weekend now.

Comment

Widow of horror writer Hautala upset after library declines archives
                      She says the papers of well-known Rick Hautala belong in his hometown of Westbrook.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                        Widow of horror writer Hautala upset after library declines archives
                        She says the papers of well-known Rick Hautala belong in his hometown of Westbrook.
                        I can understand that she would be upset, but maintaining special collections is very expensive and most small public libraries can't afford to do it. As a Librarian, I've seen budgets slashed virtually every year since I started working in the field 25 years ago, so it's no surprise that they can't accommodate the family wishes. His papers would probably be better off in a larger academic setting, if they would even accept. None of these gifts are without cost. I hope she finds a good home for husbands papers.
                        MDH

Comment

Unbelievable. The gift edition of Insomnia that cd has up for auction is now over $2,200 . Crazy when you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                            Unbelievable. The gift edition of Insomnia that cd has up for auction is now over $2,200 . Crazy when you think about it.
                            Yea that's back down to a more reasonable bid now. We know the high bidder very well, and Brian sent a message to the other bidder (with a feedback score of 2) via the eBay messaging system. We'll be canceling the bids for the second bidder here this morning. If that second bidder really wants the book, we'll find a second copy to sell them at a more reasonable price. We are thinking a mistake was made or the bidding was a result of some kind of confusion.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

CD's Special Edition of King's Doubleday books get's an ad on Biblio!

http://www.biblio.com/blog/2014/04/s...bf7da-51012865
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

That is the second thing that stated it would contain 'a new introduction by Stephen King'. I hope there is no backlash when the book is released since it has been stated by CD that the introduction is not new.
                                Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                CD's Special Edition of King's Doubleday books get's an ad on Biblio!

http://www.biblio.com/blog/2014/04/s...bf7da-51012865

Comment

Working...
                                X