Tasty Libation Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sabrina Morgan View Post
    I gave these out as Xmas gifts. Might be more up your guy's alley? [ATTACH=CONFIG]11462[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11463[/ATTACH]
    I've had both of these. They're good. I had a six pack of these last month. Very good. I had to buy it just because of the ridiculous name.

CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
      Gotta love the little micro breweries and their crazy labels and names. Recently had a very gross tasting beer called Hobgoblin, cool label though. Also tried a can of Devil Made Me Brew It, with a 666 label - Great Lakes Brewery. Again...cool can, but it was friggin' disgusting!
      Hobgoblin, is pretty popular over my way. Don't think I've seen Devil made me brew it. Ill have to keep an eye out for it.
      "now youes can't leave"
      A Bronx Tale
      directed by Robert De Niro.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        I've had both of these. They're good. I had a six pack of these last month. Very good. I had to buy it just because of the ridiculous name.

I don't really drink beer, when I do it's a wheat like Blue Moon or Shock Top. But I'm always on the look out for something different, I'll buy it and make my hubby drink it. Lol
        "now youes can't leave"
        A Bronx Tale

Comment

I have tasted it and can say, it tastes like it smells. I will probably never try it again. There is an asian deli near my office that I am told has durian smoothies so I may try that. I will say the texture is kinda cool, it is like pudding.
          My hubby likes Durian fruit. I can't stand the smell. So I have never tasted it

Comment

Here's a few that I've brought home over the years.WW_bottle-glass2.png
            Passion fruit
            KONA_KB_pour.png
            Coconut
            "now youes can't leave"
            A Bronx Tale

Comment

Coconut beer sound intriguing!
              Here's a few that I've brought home over the years.[ATTACH=CONFIG]11467[/ATTACH]
              Passion fruit
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]11468[/ATTACH]
              Coconut

Comment

Nothing like that in the Midwest.

But maybe an online beer outlet will have it.
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I am not one for flavoured beers. Standard ale or lager is good. Sure, there are variations in the way they are made. My favourite is Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale, out of Nova Scotia. It's more higher priced, but worth the extra bucks. But, I have no problem trying different smaller companies beers either - especially ones from southern Ontario or other Canadian cities, like Mill Street Brew, Steamwhistle, and the local Walkerville Brewing Co.

I was told by a few people that the American beer Sam Adams has a lot of flavoured ones, and they leave a nasty after taste. No thanks!

Comment

I've seen that Hawaiian beer here, though only in the specialty stores. Also I think it was in cans.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                      I am not one for flavoured beers. Standard ale or lager is good. Sure, there are variations in the way they are made. My favourite is Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale, out of Nova Scotia. It's more higher priced, but worth the extra bucks. But, I have no problem trying different smaller companies beers either - especially ones from southern Ontario or other Canadian cities, like Mill Street Brew, Steamwhistle, and the local Walkerville Brewing Co.

I was told by a few people that the American beer Sam Adams has a lot of flavoured ones, and they leave a nasty after taste. No thanks!
                      I can only think of one flavored Sam Adams, and that's the Cherry Wheat. Which people who like wheat beers generally like. As far as a nasty after taste goes, I've never experienced that, unless the beer was too old, and I'm a bit of a beer snob.

Instagram

Comment

Someone had mentioned some berry flavoured Sam Adams or something.... oh well, as I said, I stick to what works for me.

Comment

Is it Sam Adams that also puts out a special Octoberfest edition brew? I know that it was good!

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                            Is it Sam Adams that also puts out a special Octoberfest edition brew? I know that it was good!
                            Their fall seasonal is a Octoberfest, probably one of my favorite marzen style beers around. Though I think my favorite Sam Adams is one they don't make anymore. Their spring seasonal used to be Noble Pills, which was a pilsner style beer using all the "Noble" hops. I was very sad when they decided to stop making it.

Instagram

Comment

Well, theres your next beer creation project Dan, recreate Sam Adams Noble Pils!

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                                Well, theres your next beer creation project Dan, recreate Sam Adams Noble Pils!
                                Yea way easier said than done. Since a pilsner is a lager, which needs to be fermented a stable 60 degrees, not the 70 I ferment at. Actually I think my next project is a rye beer. Just have to break down and buy the ingredients / find some time to brew it.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X