Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Reader's Club

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Early Reader's Club

    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Interesting; got the book Kin before the ARC; others I've already ordered plus an unnanounced one!
    Same here. Very disappointed that 4 of the 5 ARCs are stories I already have. Why call it the Early Readers Club?

    Jan
    Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

    #2
    Originally posted by JDar. View Post
    Same here. Very disappointed that 4 of the 5 ARCs are stories I already have. Why call it the Early Readers Club?

    Jan
    4 of the 5 can't be stories you already have, as only 1 of those 5 is already out. You may have purchased 4 of the 5 already, but it is not possible to have them. As far as to why it's called a early readers club, it's because in most cases you will get to read the book before the book is actually out. Kin is the exception to the rule as the book was completed a bit faster than expected. This is how our early readers club's have always been (at least as long as I have worked here).
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
      4 of the 5 can't be stories you already have, as only 1 of those 5 is already out. You may have purchased 4 of the 5 already, but it is not possible to have them. As far as to why it's called a early readers club, it's because in most cases you will get to read the book before the book is actually out. Kin is the exception to the rule as the book was completed a bit faster than expected. This is how our early readers club's have always been (at least as long as I have worked here).
      THE WOMAN/Jack Ketchum - the Leisure TPB is in my TBR
      UNDEAD/John Russo - the two original PBs are in my TBR
      KIN/Kealan Patrick Burke - I'm looking fwd to reading the signed ltd edition I rec'd over a week ago
      HORROR HALL OF FAME STOKER WINNERS - I have most, if not all of these stories
      THE BACK OF BEYOND/Alan Peter Ryan - is the only ARC that I consider a true Early Readers Club selection

      Kealan, sorry for the hi-jack

      Jan
      Last edited by JDar.; 11-07-2011, 03:52 PM.
      Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by JDar. View Post
        THE WOMAN/Jack Ketchum - the Leisure TPB is in my TBR
        UNDEAD/John Russo - the two original PBs are in my TBR
        KIN/Kealan Patrick Burke - I'm looking fwd to reading the signed ltd edition I rec'd over a week ago
        HORROR HALL OF FAME STOKER WINNERS - I have most, if not all of these stories
        THE BACK OF BEYOND/Alan Peter Ryan - is the only ARC that I consider a true Early Readers Club selection

        Kealan, sorry for the high-jack

        Jan
        I am sorry for that then, but again these are for books we are putting out. Not books put out by other publishers. Here's the text from the original announcement. Kin is the only one that really goes against that. I am sorry that you're disappointed, the only thing I can tell you is that this is how we've always done the early readers club.

        The members of the brand new Cemetery Dance Early Readers Club 4.0 will receive Advance Reader Copies/Galleys/Uncorrected proofs for FIVE different upcoming Cemetery Dance releases before the general public -- maybe even before the books are even announced!
        CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

        Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

        Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

        Comment


          #5
          I on the other hand am very pleased with the arc's in ER 4.0. Haven't heard of Alan Peter Ryan so this will give me a chance to check him out, Kin sounds very interesting so that should be an enjoyable read, Undead and Horror Hall of Fame were books I was on the fence about picking up so it's nice I'll get them here! The Woman, well that's one I really wanted and I pre-ordered it from CD so I guess the early readers discount wont be usable on this now, but I'll have two editions of the book so that's nice!

          Comment


            #6
            Early Reader's Club

            This is so Keelan can have his thread back!

            My shipping notice said to expect the ERC 4.0 packacge on Wednesday, but I got it today! (I guess the holiday shipping hasn't started in earnest yet.) Looking foward to discovering Alan Peter Ryan (nice cover art by Tomislav Tikulin) and reading Russo's Undead. I also enjoy Quigley's chapbooks. All in all, a nice package.
            "I'm a vegan. "

            ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

            Comment


              #7
              Yeah, that one got kind of hijacked.

              Well, hopefully next week I'll have my set. Can't wait!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by srboone View Post
                This is so Keelan can have his thread back!

                My shipping notice said to expect the ERC 4.0 packacge on Wednesday, but I got it today! (I guess the holiday shipping hasn't started in earnest yet.) Looking foward to discovering Alan Peter Ryan (nice cover art by Tomislav Tikulin) and reading Russo's Undead. I also enjoy Quigley's chapbooks. All in all, a nice package.
                Good call. I moved all those posts over here.
                CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

                Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                Comment


                  #9
                  Thanks, Dan! I spent a while looking for an ERC thread and couldn't find one.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

                  ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    Thanks, Dan! I spent a while looking for an ERC thread and couldn't find one.
                    So did I when we started shipping them. I could've sworn I had made one, but never could find it.
                    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                    Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

                    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I got mine today. I'm pretty excited, as at least 3 of these I had considered buying.
                      Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. - H.P. Lovecraft

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Since this topic is no longer high jacking the Kin thread I will put my two cents worth in. I received my books and am very happy with them. With that said I do agree with some of the criticisms. One of the selling points of the ERC's is that you can read the books early and then get a discount if you should choose to purchase them when they are announced. I have already purchased three of the selections in this group so the $10.00 discount is of no value. When you are promoting a selling point of receiving a discount when the books are put up for sale and many of the books have been sold prior to receiving the discount it seams a bit backward. With that said I will state again that I like the books and have read a few segments in the Chap book and like it as well.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          Since this topic is no longer high jacking the Kin thread I will put my two cents worth in. I received my books and am very happy with them. With that said I do agree with some of the criticisms. One of the selling points of the ERC's is that you can read the books early and then get a discount if you should choose to purchase them when they are announced. I have already purchased three of the selections in this group so the $10.00 discount is of no value. When you are promoting a selling point of receiving a discount when the books are put up for sale and many of the books have been sold prior to receiving the discount it seams a bit backward. With that said I will state again that I like the books and have read a few segments in the Chap book and like it as well.
                          I just asked Brian about that and here's what he told me.

                          We're going to send a note with 5 different $10 discounts that they can use on anything -- 5 separate orders -- in the next three months because too many of the books were already announced, etc!
                          CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                          Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

                          Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                          Comment


                            #14
                            CD never fails to please! +1!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Everyone take a breath.I have been a part of all 4 early readers clubs and will be part of the 5th if CD has one.(please have a 5th and 6th etc.)If you like to keep
                              your hard cover books in unread condition like some people then this is a great way to get reading copies.Also like someone else said we get to read CD's version
                              of the book before the rest of the Public.This is still an awsome value.Thanks CD I love my early reader copies and have enjoyed reading Alan Peter Ryan who I
                              had not heard of till the early readers club.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X