X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I have to admit that I rarely drink beer. For several years Dead Guy was probably my favorite beer. Currently if it is available the Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat Ale would be my go to.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21209[/ATTACH]
    I don't think I could even pick a favorite beer. I don't think I drink any one beer consistently enough for it to be my favorite. When I go out it's usually to either breweries or tap rooms and I drink a different beer every glass. Mostly lately I've been exploring weird and different ciders, and well bourbon.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I like Dead Guy, but I think the older I get, the more "mellow" a beer I prefer. I think I drank and liked every IPA that existed 10 years ago, now these days I'm super picky.
    I have to admit that I rarely drink beer. For several years Dead Guy was probably my favorite beer. Currently if it is available the Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat Ale would be my go to.
    tangerine-beer.png

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I've never been much of a hop-head, but am even much less so these days...plus, like you, Dan, I've also mellowed my tastes in general. The stouts that I used to enjoy have given way to Ambers and Blondes, even a lager. That said, my default go-to beer is still a brown or a Scotch ale, if they have either (which typically is tough to find in these hop-loving area of WA state), and dubbels are always nice. But anything in that malty Amber/Brown/Scotch range down to a Blonde is my sweet spot...I don't even look at IPAs any more. My two current favorites are Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale and Black Raven Second Sight Scotch ale...fortunately I know where to find those two around here. But I do like to mix it up from time to time with something else malty and light(ish).

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    At your suggestion I did try that one and it is a good summer beer. My favorite beer it their Dead Guy Ale!
    I like Dead Guy, but I think the older I get, the more "mellow" a beer I prefer. I think I drank and liked every IPA that existed 10 years ago, now these days I'm super picky.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Yea their "normal" beers are much better. I think we've talked about this before, but they make a honey kolsch that's to die for. (if you're into kolsches). It's made with honey from bees that pollinate their hop farms.
    At your suggestion I did try that one and it is a good summer beer. My favorite beer it their Dead Guy Ale!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    I have had beer with hints of chili that I have enjoyed. Rogue does not do subtle in their specialty beers. Their Voodoo Donuts Maple/Bacon bar beer tasted like Maple syrup and liquid smoke, not good.
    Yea their "normal" beers are much better. I think we've talked about this before, but they make a honey kolsch that's to die for. (if you're into kolsches). It's made with honey from bees that pollinate their hop farms.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    I have had beer with hints of chili that I have enjoyed. Rogue does not do subtle in their specialty beers. Their Voodoo Donuts Maple/Bacon bar beer tasted like Maple syrup and liquid smoke, not good.
    yuck

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    One of my very favoritist beers is End of Days imperial stout by Pipeworks Brewing and it has chiles! Delicious!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    That's hilarious. I know I won't like the Siracha Rouge. I only have a mild taste for Stouts and Porters, but I particularly don't like the ones that are spicy / brewed with peppers.
    One of my very favoritist beers is End of Days imperial stout by Pipeworks Brewing and it has chiles! Delicious!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    If I ever end up back in a Rogue bar again and they have this one on tap I may ask for a taste. Of course that is easy to say because I see no reason to go back to a Rogue bar. I love some of there beers but the bars have really bad food and overall are just not good bars.

At another local brewery recently a friend of mine ordered the beer that was named "Bong Water IPA". I refused to taste it on principle.
    That's hilarious. I know I won't like the Siracha Rouge. I only have a mild taste for Stouts and Porters, but I particularly don't like the ones that are spicy / brewed with peppers.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I've seen this beer too. Honestly I've never been tempted. Someone did an "Old Bay" beer a couple years ago as well. I refused to touch that with a 10 foot pole.
    If I ever end up back in a Rogue bar again and they have this one on tap I may ask for a taste. Of course that is easy to say because I see no reason to go back to a Rogue bar. I love some of there beers but the bars have really bad food and overall are just not good bars.

At another local brewery recently a friend of mine ordered the beer that was named "Bong Water IPA". I refused to taste it on principle.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Thanks everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Happy Birthday Dan Hocker. Thanks for keeping this little corner of the internet clean and open for us!
    I know you are not really a horror fan so I tried something different for your cake:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21202[/ATTACH]

And a beer you probably can't find in your parts:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21203[/ATTACH]
    I have seen this beer in stores but have never tried it!
    I've seen this beer too. Honestly I've never been tempted. Someone did an "Old Bay" beer a couple years ago as well. I refused to touch that with a 10 foot pole.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Happy happy!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Happy birthday, Dan!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X