New Collector Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    Thanks Grant. But if I remember correctly, SOD was something like 10 by 13"...so what size would I get? And if I'm wrong about the size, can someone hear tell me the correct size so I don't buy the wrong ones?
    Thanks in advance!
    Hiya Scott, for SoD you need to purchase a Brodart roll (rather than the individual covers) that way you can cut it to size - Here's the link to the product that I used on my SoD's

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10-YD-16-...a#ht_851wt_906

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
      Hiya Scott, for SoD you need to purchase a Brodart roll (rather than the individual covers) that way you can cut it to size - Here's the link to the product that I used on my SoD's

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10-YD-16-...a#ht_851wt_906
      Thanks Grant, but can I get them cheaper somewhere else?? And can I cut them to fit other books? Well, you already said I can cut it to size, but how about other books? And is there a lot of tape involved like with Gaylord?

Comment

Thanks Grant, but can I get them cheaper somewhere else?? And can I cut them to fit other books? Well, you already said I can cut it to size, but how about other books? And is there a lot of tape involved like with Gaylord?
        I imagine you could source these products cheaper elsewhere, I use these guys as a preference because they've got great customer service, deliver super fast to Australia and are priced right for me. Depending on what you're wanting to cover, you use either a "standard" sized (9 1/2" - 10") centre loading covers http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/50-9-1-2-...#ht_785wt_1033 and for everything else I order bottom loading rolls http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20-YD-10-...#ht_785wt_1033 to the height I want to use As regards tape, if you do the creases just right, you don't really need to use any tape. If you're like me (ie- rarely gets the creases right) use three small pieces to the left, centre and right of the reverse of the sheet and you're good to go).

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          Welcome back, Rich! How are things going?
          Really good I have a new job and an iPad2,much easier to read on. In fact Ive read about 5 books so far, it works great.
          Rich DeMars

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Tree705 View Post
            Really good I have a new job and an iPad2,much easier to read on. In fact Ive read about 5 books so far, it works great.
            That's good to hear! It sucks being laid off with no new job in sight...been there, done that.

I read a lot on my iPad 1, but I've been considering buying a Kindle just for reading because it's smaller and the battery lasts so long on a single charge.

Comment

I imagine you could source these products cheaper elsewhere, I use these guys as a preference because they've got great customer service, deliver super fast to Australia and are priced right for me. Depending on what you're wanting to cover, you use either a "standard" sized (9 1/2" - 10") centre loading covers http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/50-9-1-2-...#ht_785wt_1033 and for everything else I order bottom loading rolls http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20-YD-10-...#ht_785wt_1033 to the height I want to use As regards tape, if you do the creases just right, you don't really need to use any tape. If you're like me (ie- rarely gets the creases right) use three small pieces to the left, centre and right of the reverse of the sheet and you're good to go).
              Ok, Grant. I just ordered some yesterday. But I'm still worried...I always worry about something that's new because I hate change LOL.
              But in case I missed something here or don't remember, why is it that people here prefer Brodart over Gaylord? Is it like I've said, because the former makes the artwork look "brighter"?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                Oh I was talking about the gift edition. I'm not sure how tight the fit is with the signed edition.
                Ok. But if it's in a traycase, then I won't worry too much. I'm sure I'd tear it if I tried putting a cover on it. But I'd like to get an extra DJ just in case like I have for some of my other King limiteds.....I guess I just can buy one here without telephoning or emailing about it.

But I wanted that Gift edition of IT and then I went and bought some other books I just couldn't pass up when I saw the prices were wrong (too low). That limited of The Wildman by Rick Hautala with a wooden case and a remarque I got for just 80 bucks, I'm sure it was supposed to be $180 . But even that seems too cheap.

Comment

Hey Dan or Brian...... I just went and looked for a spare DJ for IT and all I see are some for FDNS and Blockade Billy. I think it was Brian who told me in an email there would be spares available. Will you be offering them soon, or what?

Comment

Ok, can any of you guys tell me if these are the things I should get for SOD and other big books? (and smaller ones as well)

http://www.shopbrodart.com/Book-Jack...ers?q=10427009

http://www.shopbrodart.com/supplies/...ser?q=75234001

http://www.shopbrodart.com/supplies/...ser?q=37343001
                    Last edited by theenormityofitall; 12-22-2011, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Hey Dan or Brian...... I just went and looked for a spare DJ for IT and all I see are some for FDNS and Blockade Billy. I think it was Brian who told me in an email there would be spares available. Will you be offering them soon, or what?
                      Umm I have a bunch of DJ's for new titles I haven't added to the site yet. If you need a replacement because the one on your book is damaged just email Mindy and we'll send one out to you. If you just want an extra one, they probably won't be on sale on the site till after the new year as we have to do inventory as soon as we're done shipping IT.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Umm I have a bunch of DJ's for new titles I haven't added to the site yet. If you need a replacement because the one on your book is damaged just email Mindy and we'll send one out to you. If you just want an extra one, they probably won't be on sale on the site till after the new year as we have to do inventory as soon as we're done shipping IT.
                        Ok.

Comment

Ok, Grant. I just ordered some yesterday. But I'm still worried...I always worry about something that's new because I hate change LOL.
                          But in case I missed something here or don't remember, why is it that people here prefer Brodart over Gaylord? Is it like I've said, because the former makes the artwork look "brighter"?
                          No idea about the Gaylord brand - the only Gaylord I've heard of is Gaylord Motherfocker, and I don't guess he's relevant to anything book protection wise Seriously though, Brodart was recommended to me years ago, I tried it, I liked it, and as they say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" .... You'll be fine Scott, if I can use the stuff without damaging my books, then anyone can use it.

Comment

It arrived ok so I'm not gonna lie and ask for a free one since mine was damaged.
                            I'll wait until you have them up on the site and buy an extra one at that time.

Comment

No idea about the Gaylord brand - the only Gaylord I've heard of is Gaylord Motherfocker, and I don't guess he's relevant to anything book protection wise Seriously though, Brodart was recommended to me years ago, I tried it, I liked it, and as they say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" .... You'll be fine Scott, if I can use the stuff without damaging my books, then anyone can use it.
                              LMAO. Yep, I heard of that Gaylord Motherfocker. What a dirty Motherfocker he is too.

But ok, Grant. I'll take your word for it and buy them but if I ruin one of my dust jackets then I expect you to pay for the entire book, ok? If their not available online somewhere then you can just wire me the money or do it via paypal if you have an account there Thanks buddy.

Comment

LMAO. Yep, I heard of that Gaylord Motherfocker. What a dirty Motherfocker he is too.

But ok, Grant. I'll take your word for it and buy them but if I ruin one of my dust jackets then I expect you to pay for the entire book, ok? If their not available online somewhere then you can just wire me the money or do it via paypal if you have an account there Thanks buddy.
                                Yeah, sure Scott, no worries, no problem .... and ..... pigs-might-fly.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X