Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US vs UK editions - do you prefer the edition produced in the author's home country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peteOcha
    replied
    Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Yes lets agree that the English way is the best
    Never!

But honestly, I guess I prefer AE, but then again it doesn't really matter all that much to me.

But now that I think about, I have a few English(UK) editions of a couple SK books and I haven't noticed any changes as in color - colour (will have to check this at home, but I don't think they change those things. Would be a waste of time in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Yes lets agree that the English way is the best

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    I recently finished Joe Hill's Heart Shaped Box. I've been trying to get everything he puts out since I was able to start very early with his career. I must have the American version of the book packed away, because I quickly realised I was reading by British edition (it has nice colour endpapers). It didn't bother me too much, I've seen -our instead of -or for most of my life. But whenever I read mention of the tyres on Judas's car, that really threw me since it stuck out in my mind.

I think the better question is why don't we all just agree on some standards on both sides of the pond and have everything read the same?

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    The books should be printed in the language of the author, eg Stephen King is American so the books should be written in American english just as he intended, & the Harry Potter books are in English because thats what Mrs Romling is

Though when collecting older books, i do prefer English ones as they do seem far rarer, like Carrie had a print run of 600 or so & The Stand of less than 1,000.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I can't say, I've never really thought about it. I've always read US editions...that I know of...

Good ???, tho.

Leave a comment:

• US vs UK editions - do you prefer the edition produced in the author's home country?

This may be a bit off-the-wall, but I've always preferred reading the US editions of books by US authors such as Stephen King. There's something about the Anglicized spelling of the UK editions that just doesn't feel quite right to me.

I feel the same way about the Harry Potter books - I haven't read them, but if I did I would prefer to read the UK editions over the US editions.

Is it just me?
Working...
X