Day to day snaps, photos & other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day to day snaps, photos & other

If anyone has any pics to share please do so!!!

Last weekend was for the first time in a good while a very hot one in England, especially on the sunday. So my girlfriend and i decided to go a little walk around the countryside that surrounds our cottage and here are a few pictures.

The view out of the front door ... and over the little wall is the stream (with fish) that feeds the pond

The view of the pond from the garden

I'm not used to much walking and with the heat it very nearly killed me, but the views were worth it ...

Also i thought people would like to see a pic from my walk to where i get picked up for work

Thats the view from an old WW2 defensive position, Bailey's Tump was a part of the outer defences for Sheffield, the biggest steel producing city in England during the war. The bunkers can still be seen!

Gorgeous, Tom.
    I love your countryside.
    So much different from ours.

sk

Comment

Since last Thursday I can finally call myself a qualified teacher of English.
      I've been teaching for years, primary school mostly, but I made a switch to secundary education some four years ago, as I wanted to teach English. Because I didn't have my degree yet, this meant I had to go back to school myself.

I teach at this school, in Rotterdam:

I wrote my thesis on Stephen King (duh...) and when I received my degree, one of the staff referred to King as Steffen King. Happens all the time in this country. Of course I had to correct him, and that's when this photo was taken.

Anyways - thought I'd share.

sk

Comment

Big congrats Siep and thats a cool looking building where you work!

I would love to be a primary school teacher but have never had the patience to complete the courses.

Comment

Congratulations!

I'm an English teacher as well (not teaching at the moment, but i got my BA in English, went with something else for MA though).

Funky looking school!

Comment

Congrats, Siep! It looks like you are trying to keep a strait face while King's name is being mispronounced!

But, that's an interesting angle of the pic. Who's taking it? I wrote a senior paper for my BA in English called "Stephen King: Young Adult Author" back in 1987. What was the title of your thesis? At least you had his 2003 award for contributions to American Letters and decades of teaching experience for support. I was just a snot-nosed kid who was bucking conventional thought; my ass was hanging out in the wind!
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Thanks, everyone!
              No more teaching for now - seven weeks of holidays before me.

I'm off! Hope to be boarding in a couple of hours.

sk

Comment

Enjoy, Siep!
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Have a great time Siep

Comment

Make sure you buy lots of books!

Comment

Sorry to hijack this thread. But I started a topic last week, Wednesday I think. And it hasn't been "approved". Is this the norm?

Comment

Nice pics, guys!

We went on a graveyard crawl a couple of days ago - the Angelus-Rosedale cemetery in Los Angeles. Beautiful place, not too far from Downtown:

I have more pictures on my journal here, if you're interested:

http://louis-eldest.livejournal July 2nd
                        http://louis-eldest.livejournal.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dungle View Post
                          Sorry to hijack this thread. But I started a topic last week, Wednesday I think. And it hasn't been "approved". Is this the norm?
                          As I replied to your private message, I have been on vacation for a week, and moderating these boards is not Robert's full time job. However I think it may have been approved and you just didn't notice as it's not in the "moderation queue"
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by JJ Holden View Post
                            Nice pics, guys!

We went on a graveyard crawl a couple of days ago - the Angelus-Rosedale cemetery in Los Angeles. Beautiful place, not too far from Downtown:

I have more pictures on my journal here, if you're interested:

http://louis-eldest.livejournal July 2nd
                            Aren't 'graveyards' beautiful places? Reminds me that i need to go and visit my Granddad's grave again too. & i love the fact that you mention Interpol at the bottom - my favourite band!

Comment

Yeah, I'm a big fan of graveyards.

Many years ago I used to work in one as a landscaper. One of the heavy equiptment operators used to drive golfballs from the top of the hill. It was absolutely serene. The only thing that could have made it nicer was a little stream. There was a small spring, but I wasn't too keen on drinking from it when the weather was hot, if you know what I mean.
                              Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                              Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                              X