No announcement yet.

Name the top 10 books you've read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is hard. Off the top of my head, no specific order (although It and The Shining are probably the top two)

It by Stephen King
    The Shining by Stephen King
    Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King
    Insomnia by Stephen King
    Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub
    Dracula by Bram Stoker
    Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
    Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist
    The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
    A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
      And I would say that book is the primary reason I told the Naval Academy "no thank you" when they tried to recruit me. Looking back, I probably shouldn't have been quite that much of a pacifist.
      The reason I said no to the Navy was when the female recruiter mentioned she had not been on a boat in over two years. Shortly after that I signed up for the Army and am very thankful that I did. Some people who are supposedly pacifists do sign up for the military and then try to avoid combat by being a conscientious objector, though that typically doesn't work, lol. I think the funniest was someone who told me we wouldn't go to war during his contract time. I then promised him we would be going to war. That was in July of 2000, so even if his contract was the pointless 2-year contract one I would have been able to say "I told you so", especially since the contract you sign is actually for 8 years, whether you're active or inactive.
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

I told the Navy "Yes" when I was invited to paticipate in a charity car wash the recruiting station was holding. There was a young lady there (whose name I can't remember, nor will I probably ever) who looked quite...provocative in her white-T and shorts who everybody was was kinda tip-toeing around, trying not to do anything harrassing. After an hour of this, I hit her with a blast of cold water in the chest. After everybody got done gasping, I simply shrugged my shoulders and said: "Some one had to do it." DCC Smith shook his head and said I'd fit right in. I signed the papers right then.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
        X