Grab Bags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grab Bags?

I got an email from CD about gift cards, coupons, etc. but somewhere within the email it mentioned "grab bags" so I searched it up on the CD home page and there indeed is a "grab bag" but only for certain members. Cemetery Dance Collector's Club, never heard about that club unless it's the Forums... anybody know anything about this? I'm interested in the grab bags and the Collector's Club.

The Collector's Club membership was sold last fall. Those of us who purchased this were given certain items upon purchase and have received special offers periodically that are either only to CDCC members or offered to us before being offered to the general public. The membership offer lasts for one year. Not sure if they will do this again when the first year expires but I definitely feel I have received my moneys worth as a member.

Comment

Both the grab bags and collector's club memberships are offered every so often, though I don't know exactly how often. I've gotten 1 grab bag so far, which was a nice bag at the lowest price they offered for them. Got Stephen King: The Non-Fiction in that one, which I wouldn't have gotten otherwise but has made me interested in looking inside it more. It also introduced me to one of my new favorite authors, Brian Keene by sending me a copy of Girl on the Glider (just not a signed or numbered one). Those 2 books, along with a 2nd printing of Blockade Billy and copy of Pork Pie Hat and a couple magazines and comic book. Was definitely worth the $49 + shipping for that bag. I don't know about more grab bags though right now as I've been ordering so many of the CD books when they are announced.

I've heard PC (Publisher's Copy) copies of lettered editions have come in the grab bags before, though I don't know that for sure, and I know if the traycases come with them. Those would probably be limited to the more expensive grab bags obviously
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

I just saw grab bag in the thread title and my heart jumped, in hope that there is a new grab. But alas, tis not so. Oh how i yearn for a new grab bag!

Comment

I'm so sorry, really I am, that's why I put the question mark so it didn't cause a stir-up.

I typed in grab bag on the CD home page and two came up; one only says that you have to have a membership, the other doesn't state that... do you get them within the month you order or at the end of the year?

Comment

Originally posted by fmancino View Post
            I'm so sorry, really I am, that's why I put the question mark so it didn't cause a stir-up.

I typed in grab bag on the CD home page and two came up; one only says that you have to have a membership, the other doesn't state that... do you get them within the month you order or at the end of the year?
            No worries I'm just anxious for a grab bag as I was stupid enough to pass on the last one (the back to the beach one). Still kicking myself for that as these grab bags have always been awesome and have really good reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
              No worries I'm just anxious for a grab bag as I was stupid enough to pass on the last one (the back to the beach one). Still kicking myself for that as these grab bags have always been awesome and have really good reviews!
              I went back and forth on that one myself, but ended up passing because I tight on money and I probably wouldn't have gotten any books I didn't have already, lol. If I had been fine on the money end I definitely would have gotten it though as I really wanted that art print. Had to pass on the FDNS art prints for the same reason. If only those were still available, lol
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

Did any one of you order the Holiday Collector's Bundle, it's a grab bag? I just started getting active on CD in late May so I'm not familiar with a lot, so I've never purchased a grab bag, but I'm hoping to purchase one!

Comment

Is that only a tote bag? When I searched grab bag that came up, but I only saw a tote..

Comment

I've purchased a few grab bags before. They really do just offer them periodically. It is a great way to get random books and be introduced to new things. You don't have to be a member to anything except sign up for the email newsletter.

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                      I've purchased a few grab bags before. They really do just offer them periodically. It is a great way to get random books and be introduced to new things. You don't have to be a member to anything except sign up for the email newsletter.
                      This.

I've had two so far, and both have been really cool.
                      http://louis-eldest.livejournal.com/

Comment

I've only purchased one but it was cool. I don't remember everything I received but I know these were in it:

Stephen King: The Non-Fiction, Pork Pie Hat (unsigned), Blockade Billy (2nd edition), and Death Hunt on Evroon (Signed PC Copy)
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I've taken 3 grab bags so far: 1st one was: Moonbane and Halloweenland by Al Sarrantionio and Bradbury's Chapbook for Burnt-Out Priests; the second one was Halloween and Other Seasons by Sarrantinio, Elsewhere by William Peter Blatty, and Old Flames by jack Ketchum. The third was Moonbaneand Halloweenland again and Last Exit for the Lost by Lebbon.

I stopped taking them after that, because I was getting repeats and I have most of the in-stock books at this time.

Anymore, I only take the ones where I either Know what i'm getting or think have a very good chance of not get a repeat.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post

I stopped taking them after that, because I was getting repeats and I have most of the in-stock books at this time.

Anymore, I only take the ones where I either Know what i'm getting or think have a very good chance of not get a repeat.
                            I am right there with you on this one. They are great way to get books I may not have otherwise purchased, but I began getting some duplicates and also have most of the CD books.
                            -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
                            gamertag : calason

Comment

I did take the other small press grab bag (Dark Moon books)--five books, but I knew I wouldn't get a repeat; the new Stephen King Short story grab bag (Altlantic magazine, a new Stephen King chapbook by Kevein Quigley, and A comic book about Stephen King) was a no repeat, obviously. And SoD v. 1, Riding the Bullet ARC, and 2nd printing Blockcade Billy was grab bag, but again I knew what i was getting.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                              X