Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kresby
    replied
    A Little Amber Book of Wicked Shots by Robert R. McCammon from Borderlands.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by brlesh View Post
    Finished the Valancourt Book of Horror Stories Vol. 3 last night. It was OK, A couple of good stories, a bunch of 'meh' stories. Didn't like it as much as the first two volumes.

Started Devolution by Max Brooks this morning. Knocked out 50 pages and liking it a lot so far.

B.
    I picked up Devolution on B2G1 book sale at Target. Haven’t started yet but looking forward to it. My July reading sucked so I’m hoping to pick up momentum again in August.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Just finished Baby Teeth by Zoji Stage. A brilliant first novel. I also finished Touch The Night. Another good book.
    Now I'm reading The Auctioneer by Joan Samson.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Loved the first two. Wasn't he mentored by James Crumley and James Lee Burke?
    I haven’t heard that before, so not sure. I’ve been looking for a signed 1st of GREEN SUN for two years, since it came out in 2018, and finally snagged one. I loved the first two as well, and would go so far as to say that NIGHT DOGS is the best police novel I’ve ever read.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Starting GREEN SUN by Kent Anderson, the third in the Hanson trilogy (SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL and NIGHT DOGS).
    Loved the first two. Wasn't he mentored by James Crumley and James Lee Burke?

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Starting GREEN SUN by Kent Anderson, the third in the Hanson trilogy (SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL and NIGHT DOGS).

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    I finished reading Bettie Page: The Life of a Pin-up Legend by Karen Essex and James L Swanson. I started reading this book once before and set it aside and did not finish reading it than. One discrepancy I noticed vs Bettie Page Reveals All is her approx 10 years of mental health issues are not covered in the book. I finished reading The Midnight Order by Christopher Fulbright. I am reading Midnight under The Big Top edited by Brian James Freeman and Squadron 13 and the Big Flying Boats by the Pilots of VP/VPB-13 edited by Mary Bracho.
    Last edited by c marvel; 07-26-2020, 06:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Finished the Valancourt Book of Horror Stories Vol. 3 last night. It was OK, A couple of good stories, a bunch of 'meh' stories. Didn't like it as much as the first two volumes.

Started Devolution by Max Brooks this morning. Knocked out 50 pages and liking it a lot so far.

B.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    The Geographer's Library By Jon Fasman published in 2005. It's one of those books that i look at and say, "How did I miss this one.' About a hundred pages in and enjoying it!
    Last edited by mhatchett; 07-23-2020, 04:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Finished Mexican Gothic a couple days ago. Loved it. One of my favorite books of the year so far. Now I'm reading Touch The Night by Max Booth and this is another really fun read.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I just started Utopia Avenue, by David Mitchell (author of Cloud Atlas). Very enjoyable so far. I'm 15% in, and my kindle says 6 hrs 22 mins to go

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Finished The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay last night. Still digesting that one. Definitely not as good as Head Full of Ghosts, but I also didn't think it was as bad as most of the reviews I've read made it out to be.

Started The Valancourt Book of Horror Stories: Vol. 3. I enjoyed the first two, so high hopes for this one.

B.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    I just finished THIS DARK CHEST OF WONDERS, which was a fun dip into all of the different permutations of THE STAND, The typos got a little out of hand the farther into the book I got. I lost count of how many times KOJAK was spelled KOJACK, and seeing "THE KID" alphabetized under "THE", instead of "KID, THE" actually gave me pain. My inner proofreader dies each time I see something like that make a finished book.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

Have you read Draculas ? Another one he co-wrote with Strand and F. Paul Wilson. It's bazaar. Also just read about a month ago his latest or one of his latest What Happened To Lori. Trapped is a good one as well.
    Almost forgot that Blake Crouch also was involved in Draculas
    I have read DRACULAS, yes...it was pretty good, as I recall. I’ve looked at TRAPPED before, so, thanks for the rec, I think I’ll give that one a shot.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Currently about two thirds of the way through The Collapsing Empire by John Scalzi. So far it seems like a great science fiction story, and I'm already looking forward to getting to the next 2 books in the trilogy.
    The Collapsing Empire was a typically fun romp through space with Scalzi. I enjoyed the trilogy but probably liked the first book the best.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X