No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camelot just put the Lansdale up on their site, so I grabbed it...I've had my eye on it for a while, but I held off since I hate pre-ordering. Hopefully it'll be worth the cost and the shipping....
    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Finished up The Pallbearers Club by Paul Tremblay

It’s the fifth novel I’ve read by Tremblay, and by far ranks as the worst of the five.

A glacially paced storyline without a payoff at the end, uninteresting characters, and written in an experimental style that quickly grew tiresome.

Here’s hoping Horror Movie is a return to form for Tremblay.

B

Comment

Halfway through Of Mice and Men by Steinbeck.

First time reading this classic in nearly 30 years.

B

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post
          Halfway through Of Mice and Men by Steinbeck.

First time reading this classic in nearly 30 years.

B
          Too funny. I read that a few months back as well, also for the first time in many decades.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
            I just started Robert McCammon's SEVEN SHADES OF EVIL, and while I'm thrilled to be reading another Matthew Corbett book the typeface in the trade hardcover is SO....SMALL...as to be almost unreadable. If this is what Lividian is planning for the last book in the series, I'll probably wait for the e-book.
            FWIW, the ebook editions of Leviathan will be released at the same time as the trade hardcover in early December 2024.

Comment

Originally posted by goathunter View Post

FWIW, the ebook editions of Leviathan will be released at the same time as the trade hardcover in early December 2024.
              Glad to hear it! I loved the book, but by the end, I felt like I was going blind, lol.
              http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I’m 150 pages into Becoming the Boogeyman by Richard Chizmar and really enjoying it.

It definitely starts out on a much faster pace than the first boogeyman book.

B

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Too funny. I read that a few months back as well, also for the first time in many decades.
                  If anything, I appreciated the story more on this reread than the last time I read it in college.

A timeless classic, for sure!

B

Comment

Just finished reading the Thunderstorm LE of John Wayne Comunale's "Death, Scum, & TV Fun". Have never read anything by this author previously and wasn't sure what to expect. Overall, the book was pretty fun, and you can tell that the author has a voice of his own, but you also can tell that these three novellas are some of the author's earliest stories as there is a bit of roughness to each. I really enjoyed the first novella, "Death Pacts & Left-Handed Paths". It's essentially about a deal with a demon that spins out of control and felt a bit like early Lansdale in terms of voice & willingness to mix a bit of humor into the dialogue and story. I hated the second novella, "Scummer". It was basically about a recently divorced male who decides to just let himself completely go and uses a local degenerate from the bar called Scummer to model himself after. Felt kind of like a Charles Bukowski story with a tinge of horror added and just did not work for me at all. Plenty of grossouts but no real plot. The last novella, "As Seen on TV" landed in the middle of the previous two for me. It's basically about a serial killer who collects and uses As Seen on TV products to get rid of his victims' bodies and how there may be something guiding him without his knowledge. The story was very solid and had some truly bizzarro and horrific scenes but just didn't quite land as well as I was hoping. Overall, I'm glad to have finally read something by this author and to have added this book to my Thunderstorm collection.

Am now reading the Thunderstorm LE of Edward Lee's "Mr. Tilling's Basement & Other Stories". Very much looking forward to this one! 

Comment

Working...
                    X