No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Straub's 'Ghost Story' and 'Floating Dragon' are in my top ten all time books - essential reading, in my opinion. I have 'If You Could See Me Now', but haven't got to it yet. 'Shadowland' will be my next Straub.

Comment

Shadowland is awesome.
      Enjoy!!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        I agree about Lost Boy, Lost Girl. Great read. I haven't read Hellfire Club yet, but it's in my TBR pile. I haven't read Mr. X or A Dark Matter yet either. Man, I'm kinda behind on my Straub reading.
        Both Mr. X and A Dark Matter were not for for me. Mr. X actually frustrated me and with A Dark Matter I just failed to connect with the characters.
        Last edited by Martin; 09-12-2015, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Just finished up with Brothers by Ed Gorman and Richard Chizmar and Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters by Douglas Clegg. Both short reads but excellent and not what I expected at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            Just finished up with Brothers by Ed Gorman and Richard Chizmar and Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters by Douglas Clegg. Both short reads but excellent and not what I expected at all.
            Have not read Brothers yet, soon. Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters was a very fun read, I actually found myself wanting more time with the characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Have not read Brothers yet, soon. Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters was a very fun read, I actually found myself wanting more time with the characters.
              I did too Martin. I have several more Clegg's books coming and that was my first read of him. Hopefully they're just as good. Maybe I will actually read what I collect lol. Too much potential to miss out on some good stuff.

Comment

I did too Martin. I have several more Clegg's books coming and that was my first read of him. Hopefully they're just as good. Maybe I will actually read what I collect lol. Too much potential to miss out on some good stuff.
                Clegg has been hit and miss for me but I do highly recommend Nightcage and Afterlife.

Comment

I really liked Brothers - still need to get to Cannibal Sisters.
                  “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                  -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I finished Hugo Award winner The Three Body Problem, was very hard sci-fi at times, but overall a pretty darn good read, esp for sci-fi fans - lots of real science - futuristic possibly real science, and good look at an author's thoughts on the Chinese cultural revolution.

Started Ray Garton's The Loveliest Dead - sadly I missed out the CD version of this, but found a pb in great shape.

Comment

Read The Colorado Kid yesterday afternoon. I really enjoyed. Started Finders Keepers last night. So far I'm diggin' it too.

Comment

Read The Colorado Kid yesterday afternoon. I really enjoyed. Started Finders Keepers last night. So far I'm diggin' it too.
                        i really enjoyed The Colorado Kid!

Comment

Waiting for Michael McDowell's 'The Amulet' to arrive, so dipping into various anthologies and collections, including:
                          Century's Best Horror Fiction, Vol. 2 (antho)

Meddling With Ghosts (antho)

Shades of Darkness (antho, Ash Tree Press)

Conference With the Dead (collection, Terry Lamsley)

Tragic Life Stories (collection, Steve Duffy)

Some great fiction, with a special mention to 'The Night They Missed the Horror Show', by Joe Lansdale. Amazing.

Comment

The Wolf's Hour by Robert McCammon
                            And of course October Dreams vol 2

Comment

The Loveliest Dead was one of my favourite reads - thought it was fantastic!

Now - onto Vol I - III The Books of Blood

Comment

Reading my annual Halloween favorite, Roger Zelazny's A Night in the Lonesome October. What a Trick and a Treat!!
                                Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X