No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The two Barker books that I have always loved. That and Thief of Always. I keep hoping for a third installment. I am reading my advanced copy of December Park. The CD version. Love it so far.
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    The Great and Secret Showby Clive Barker was outstanding. Reading the sequel Everville right now.

Comment

Finished The Passage by Cronin and also wrapped up Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer. Now I've moved on to A Red Death by Walter Mosley.

Comment

Red Death was my first and probably favorite Mosley. I read the series out of order, enjoyed them none-the-less.

Comment

200 pages in Water Knife and now it's really starting to pick up. Might just finish this through tonight if it really gets exciting.

Comment

I'm working through The Vagrant by Peter Newman. It's kind of a mashup of different genres (fantasy, sci-fi, horror) and is a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Julzz View Post
              200 pages in Water Knife and now it's really starting to pick up. Might just finish this through tonight if it really gets exciting.
              Really want to pick this one up. I have The Windup Girl waiting to be read as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Julzz View Post
                I was in Powell's Beaverton yesterday and they had a bunch of signed editions of this one. I did not know enough about the author or story so I passed.

Comment

Finished McCammon's The Borders. A solid bit of entertainment. I actually was ranking it as "excellent" until the end which I thought was very rushed and not developed enough. Didn't hate the ending, but it was definitely a disappointment compared to what came before it.

Then I went read Whom the Gods Would Destroy by Brian Hodge, and that was an excellent novella, very compelling and gripping.

Comment

Started First Blood by David Morrell last night. Read the introduction and the first section and am loving it. First Morrell novel for me.

Comment

Finished Everville. A real disappointment as a followup to The Great and Secret Show. But Barker DID use my favorite word in the book: "defenestration" on page 343. Bumped it up from 2 (1/2) to 3 stars on GR. Blood Kin by Ronald Kelly is up next.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Finished 'Julia', by Straub - not as polished as his later work, but still very, very good. His characters didn't quite leap of the page like they do in 'Ghost Story', 'Floating Dragon' etc. Has quite a nasty streak too, that you don't really see coming. I might try 'Shadowland' again, seeing as I'm on a bit of a Straub run. Have tried it before, but didn't get very far, though I can't remember why. Or maybe 'Koko'. Or 'If You Could See Me Now'...

Comment

Finished up the second reading of Patrick Rothfuss's Wise Man's Fear. Enjoyed it again, but still finished with the sense that it could have used a little more editing. His time in the Fae Realm drug on for a little bit too long. Really looking forward to the next installment!

Comment

'A Head Full of Ghosts' arrived yesterday, so I have paused my Straub run and started it. Excellent, so far. Has a really creepy vibe to it, and it's very well written.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                              Finished Everville. A real disappointment as a followup to The Great and Secret Show. But Barker DID use my favorite word in the book: "defenestration" on page 343. Bumped it up from 2 (1/2) to 3 stars on GR. Blood Kin by Ronald Kelly is up next.
                              I really didn't like Everville, I found it convoluted and confusing.

Comment

I finished The Vagrant earlier this week - it's a great book and I can't wait for the sequel.

I started Swan Song last night; this will be my first time reading it.

Comment

Working...
                                X